What are you upgrading from and why?

satsmine2k4

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Upgrading to the Nexus 6p white 128gb. Upgrading from the Nexus 6 blue 64gb. I just upgrade every year to a new Nexus is the only reason i am buying the 6p. I absolutely love the Nexus 6- although i would have liked to have picked up a white Nexus 6. I absolutely love the nexus 6.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
For me it's the Nexus 4. The immediate reason I'm upgrading is that Google is dropping official support, but I'm also just looking forward to the perks of moving from a three year old phone. Better battery life, better camera, better screen, LTE, fingerprint reader, better sensors, better speakers... better everything, really. Should be a treat.

Same here. moving from nexus 4 and moving for the same reason you mentioned

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm going from the nexus6 to the nexus6p because I'm a nexus wh0r3 and I buy them every year I can't help myself also looking at that pixel c

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
I hear ya! I'm only on a Note 5 right now because I just couldn't take the size of the Nexus 6 anymore - but man do I miss stock Android! I'll be back with it once my 6P magically appears at my door.

*I basically switched my whole family to AT&T from Verizon over a year and a half ago so I could get a Nexus 5.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking of getting 6p but want to wait to see if AT&T will carry the 64gb and see overall the reviews and feed back on the device since this is hauwei first run at the nexus. I have moto N6 and love it but the finger print scanner, the thickness of N6P makes it very hard to resist.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

shanekweens

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
LG G2. It's starting to get a little laggy but still works well. I am waiting for my hardware upgrade in summer to get the latest and greatest superphone for a reasonable price.

vashht

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Note 4, partially because I'm annoyed with touchwiz and can't root the phone (it's the ATT version) and the phone also has some water damage, works mostly fine but the GPS is really crappy now. I really enjoyed the nexus 4, ever since I upgraded from that I haven't been as satisfied with the non stock android phones I tried so I'm going back to the 6P. Also helps that the camera looks like it could be really good this time, one of the reasons I went with the note 4 over the N6 was the camera.

John Best2

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm upgrading my Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM from 2012 to the Nexus 6P. I'm upgrading because my beloved gnex cannot even keep up with itself, if that makes sense. Using the Google Now voice feature is like pulling teeth; the start-speaking promt opens and closes before the app even fully loads. It's time.

robsw

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
LG G4. I got it when I finally could not stand waiting any longer for 5.1 to hit my Moto X 2014 and cure it of the 5.0 problems. I love the camera and the size, but nothing else about it. I was holding off buying the Moto X Pure until I saw what the Nexi would bring and decided to go back to stock Android goodness.

Boltface

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading my Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM from 2012 to the Nexus 6P. I'm upgrading because my beloved gnex cannot even keep up with itself, if that makes sense. Using the Google Now voice feature is like pulling teeth; the start-speaking promt opens and closes before the app even fully loads. It's time.

I also have a Galaxy Nexus and it's slow but not that slow! I guess a 6P is in my future if the 810 over heating isn't bad.

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
LG G4 - Horrible battery Life and touchscreen, mediocre screen and UI. No development (sold)
HTC One M9 - Horrible camera, small screen (sold)
Nexus 6 - Horrible screen (keeping for now/might sell)
Galaxy S6 Edge + - Horrible keyboard (maybe due to the touchscreen), no development, boring UI (keeping for now/might sell)
Moto X Pure - Mediocre processor, screen, battery life (returned)

coldheater

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a S6 Edge. I ordered the Nexus 6P.

*I love the latest gadgets!
*sick of Samsung
*stock android
*better support
*marshmallow

shahid99

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
well i was using moto x then sold it , on ebay becouse they were giving 100 coupon , then now im using iphone 5s , so you guys can feel my pain that im going threw with this phone .. so thats why i ordered the nexus

crandrix

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Xperia Z. I got it like 2.5 years ago, running fine just a minor issue with the speaker/mic,so time for a new one! I had a GNex before this one.

sparty37

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 (8 GB - what was I thinking?!), which I absolutely love but the battery and storage just isn't cutting it anymore. I am going to really miss wireless charging. My hands are injured so wireless charging is a huge benefit. I have looked at the Galaxy S6 for this reason but my family has never had good luck with Samsung.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading from nexus 6 because:

• OMG MUST HAVE LATEST syndrome
  • Not quite as ungainly (I hope)
  • Better camera (I hope)
  • Better battery life (I hope)
  • It's my Project Fi line so not much choice OTHER than a new nexus
  • Performance is ok on the nexus 6, but hoping for a nice boost here as well
  • Fingerprint sensor

So, yeah, lots of "I hope" here. The smart person would wait for the phone to be out and read reviews, but, see Point #1.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord