What are your thoughts on blink feed?

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I like it you get to quickly skim through many stories and if you want to read further you go ahead and do it it's much more versatile then flipboard and also it's not in your way if you flip to another home screen the phone open and closes there it's a really nice touch in my opinion

sent from my amazing HTC One

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I still think it was stupid for HTC to force this blinkfeed onto us by filling a home screen. It should be able to be removed. Period. BUT...in it's defense as an app, I find it useful. I'm now addicted to it. I now have blinkfeed and flipboard running (wifi only to update) at the same time so I'm reading and reading and getting jack shiot done around the house. Thanks.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You can change the feeds.

Well, that's true to a point, but you are limited to the items HTC chose to list. I would love to be able to list my RSS feeds, especially with Google Reader going away in a few months. Hopefully more options will be added in future updates.

Sent from my HTC One on Tapatalk 2

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am liking this. But I feel there ought to be more options, like news from the medical world, Aviation so many more comes to mind.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I am liking this. But I feel there ought to be more options, like news from the medical world, Aviation so many more comes to mind.

I heard that HTC will be adding more sources in the future to add for news and information as well as making it more customizable

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I still think it was stupid for HTC to force this blinkfeed onto us by filling a home screen. It should be able to be removed. Period. BUT...in it's defense as an app, I find it useful. I'm now addicted to it. I now have blinkfeed and flipboard running (wifi only to update) at the same time so I'm reading and reading and getting jack shiot done around the house. Thanks.

I kind of agree- but also disagree. If it was easily disabled, 95% wouldn't try it long enough to find it useful and addictive. And it is possible to get rid of it if you want with other launchers, so perhaps the way they did it was for the best.

viewaskONE

May 1, 2013
Visit site
How did you get the black screen? I have everything unchecked and get blue spaces.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367763933854.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367763933854.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 126

fz1jmp

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I generally like it. I check it a few times per day. I like a form factor like Zite as a news interest aggregate, but BlinkFeed is pretty decent.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Count me as someone else who has been pleasantly surprised by Blinkfeed: I thought it would be shoved to the side and ignored, but I'm actually using it multiple times a day! I think what I like about it is that it has a smoother flow than flipboard and mixes in my personal calendar, tv recommendations, google now cards and other personal stuff along with all the articles. I'm also enjoying the way it blends it all together into a single feed rather than having to hop from one subject to another.

I'll definitely appreciate a few tweaks like additional and/or custom feed options, but overall I'm very happy with it. With all the competition out there for news/story viewers I'm quite impressed that HTC has made something this good.

CaCHooKaMan

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got rid if it and the sense launcher after a few hours. Cool feature but I ultimately have no use for it. Been using nova launcher and don't miss it at all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't bother me because i unchecked everything and rarely do i even have to see it but its a bit like having flipboard forced on you!! I actually prefer flipboard to be honest although i would not use that much either!! Idealy it would be nice to have the option to turn blink feed off though

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I use it every day. I have my home screen set to the middle screen so the only time I see BF is when i scroll left.

I use it to it's fullest, for news, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a second htc one let me tell yah blink feed is ok but the feature I like most is the front speakers it's so loud.i think they should let it be optional on blink feed atleast allow us remove it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya