What do I do with my new micro sd card?

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I just received my new 64gb class 10 micro add for my note 2. But I don't know anything about formatting or anything like that. Can someone please help me with a step by step guide. Sorry I'm a noob at this. Also in the future if I decide to root my phone will I have to do something with the micro sd to work with my rooted phone?

Please advise:

Thanks in advance

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Pop it in your phone and it will probably work as is. It will work just fine when rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had several microSD cards and I don't recall ever having to format any of them on my phones. The only time I've ever had to format a memory card was when inserting one into an actual camera. Rooting your phone will not affect your memory card. If you're coming from a smaller card and moving everything, I recommend moving everything via Windows Explorer or something similar that will sort of back everything up at the same time (which I need to do myself, thanks for the inadvertent reminder).

mitz85

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had several microSD cards and I don't recall ever having to format any of them on my phones. The only time I've ever had to format a memory card was when inserting one into an actual camera. Rooting your phone will not affect your memory card. If you're coming from a smaller card and moving everything, I recommend moving everything via Windows Explorer or something similar that will sort of back everything up at the same time (which I need to do myself, thanks for the inadvertent reminder).
Thanks guys!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You will have to format. Just put it in the phone. Then go to settings...storage. very bottom click format. Thats it.
bumyragy.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk