What do you do with your Nexus 7?

TopTomy

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
Since I got my Nexus 5 (9 months ago),
I'm having hard time to find any use case for the N7 - the N5 does everything I need!
I want to revive my N7 usage and looking for some nice ideas -
what do you do with your N7?
do you carry it around with you?
what do you do with it that you don't do with your smartphone?

Cheers :cool:

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Photo, video, Skype, VOIP phone, Sygic GPS, Google Earth, Browser, Youtube, email, google drive.

My cellphone is just for talking.

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Nice! so you carry it daily? to work etc?

Not really, I take it in my car for GPS (I wish the sound volume could go higher), and when taking photo/video, resolution is darn good if you can keep it steady, I use a bluetooth mini-remote for triggering.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I dont have a smart phone, so as you could imagine i do everything on the tablet. I could definitely see though how when having a smartphone and a tablet the tablet could just get forgotten about and sit at home.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Tbh, I mostly only use it now for streaming video at home. Though after getting home the other night and realizing I'd left my Nexus 5 at a restaurant , I used my Nexus 7 to call them (new Hangouts w/ Google Voice ftw!). And yes, I continued to use the Nexus 7 the next day as my phon until I could swing by the restaurant (which had found my phone) that evening to pick it up.

Someone with an iPhone 6 Plus saw me talking on it and asked what it was, noting the size, and I told him it was the new Nexus 6 Plus Plus Plus ;-)

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Aviation mapping device. Replaces a suitcase full of paper maps and charts. It's also a great platform for watching baseball game in the back yard or on the road.

MHoward29

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Media streaming, web browsing, mighty text and the occasional game. It handles these things perfectly. I rarely have to pick up my phone when I'm around the house.

That being said, it rarely ever goes anywhere with me.

Robby Frantz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I almost exclusively use mine for streaming, both video and music while at home. Also web surfing now and then, but I usually also have a laptop close by too LoL. Another thing I've done in the past but haven't in a while is use it for navy. It was real nice having the map on a larger screen AND having my phone free for calls and txts. One of the things I hate most about using Google Maps navi is that a phone call knocks you out of it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
E-books! Also games, browsing forums, YouTube, reading newsfeeds with Feedly, emailing, some music listening.

Haven't taken it outside of the house much. Camera seems better than the camera in my Moto Droid Maxx HD, but I don't use the camera very much. With the Nexus 7 at home I rarely take my phone out of my pocket, unless it rings, or I get a text.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I read a lot - ebooks, newsfeeds, magazines (can get a bunch on zinio free from our library); play with photo apps like fragment, cameringo and others, also a few drawing apps - flowpaper, bamboo paper,etc. and have recipes on pinterest and evernote and the tablet fits behind the plastic of a cookbook holder - yay. The screen size is important to me in all of these (which is why I watch movies, etc on a computer - or via my ps3). I also play a couple of games. My phone is no thrill - I use it for grocery lists, and for streaming music.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use it for everything I use my phone for when I'm at home. With Google Voice and Hangouts playing nice now I even use it to text and make the occasional call I don't have to talk on, like any automated system. Reading, videos, games are also more enjoyable on it when I'm home. Lastly, it makes a handy Play Music controller the girl and I can pass back and forth when we have music party on the chromecast.

3vilPeT3

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought mine mainly for ingress. Also browsing and goggle maps. The house also needed an other tablet. I am for sure I only us a tenth of itsfull Capability. This is a great divice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky