What do you not like about the Bionic?

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
This phone is kick ass but...
Like most my issue is that flippn' screen. No comparison to my DX for image quality. If only Moto could have come close to the screen res on the Charge. I'm so used to the physical buttons on DX to wake the phone. Now I must adjust to tapping power button every time.
My Quick contact is also gone. So now I must come up with another solution.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
  • Screen is better than I expected. IMO (and I'm not an OG Droid user) it's the best pentile I've seen. Friend-O I definitely see that pixelation on icons/widgets moving or scrolling on the web. Part of that is that tehre's such slight movels the subpixel architecture is going to "vibrate" a little bit if you will. I don't like it either, but it's not a big deal to me. In terms of doing everything else I haven't noticed any pixelation at all, screen looks great.
  • Power button of left is annoying, but that's just a habit I have to break.
  • Not wild about the 8/8 split on internal memory, but I have a 32 GB microSD which hopefully will avoid most of the problems with it.
  • Still trying to find a good widget to togle 4G.
  • Agree on the sound profiles thing too (trying to find a good, quick way to flip between sound, silent, and vibrate. the main lock screen allows vibrate/sound but no silent. Work in progress on this one as I'm still learning Android and assume I will be able to adjust this (looking into the above-suggested widgetsoid)

Nitpicking a lot there, I've been SO pleased with this phone so far, especially coming from a Blackberry.

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
  • Agree on the sound profiles thing too (trying to find a good, quick way to flip between sound, silent, and vibrate. the main lock screen allows vibrate/sound but no silent. Work in progress on this one as I'm still learning Android and assume I will be able to adjust this (looking into the above-suggested widgetsoid)

Go into the Android Market & get the toggle widgets. I have the sound/vibrate/silent toggle button on every screen. It's just one small button. Then on one screen I have all the buttons- sound, brightness, wifi, airplane. Can't remember the app name but search toggle widget. They're small round buttons & not as big as stock toggles

rlb81

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
My main issue work the bionic is the high pitch whine with headphones plugged in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OK at least it's not only me. Can;t hear it with the volume up, but it's still pretty damn annoying!

trying to find a good, quick way to flip between sound, silent, and vibrate

Look for the Curvefish widgets. They have a few and they're pretty clean looking.

GTS21

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is. The pixelation is everywhere. And I know exatcly what your referring to in regards to the animations/lighting effects you see the second after you swipe to a different home screen. I actually think they're pretty cool. Those animations/lighting effects aren't what I was referring to though when I spoke of the pixelation being even worse when swiping. I was talking about during the swipe while the screen is moving. And it applies to scrolling up and down too (such as in the web browser). Any icons, widgets, images, etc that are on the screen look considerably worse while moving. And the slower you swipe/scroll, the more noticeable

This is the best description I've seen for what bugs me the most. It's the extra degree of pixelation during screen movement that seems to catch my eye the most. Whether it's moving between home screens or scrolling in the browser, the images on the screen become extra grainy and my eyes seem to be drawn to it.

mngdew

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
1. What MOTO did to the sdcard usage.
2. Pentile display. I was expecting something better from MOTO's 9 month late flagship phone.
3. There are still several major bugs MOTO didn't fix even after 9 month delay. (i.e.Display didn't wake up while transferring large number of files from one folder to another, and I was able to reproduce it)
4. Not enough notification ringtones.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing the same stuff that all early adopters of a phone see. No matter what, no phone will be perfect, there's going to be some bugs that Motorola will squash in the coming weeks. I hope to see the camera fixed up a little myself, and maybe some of the pixelation people are seeing is partly software, can't be sure, but it's possible. And of course they'll probably fix some of the reception issues and that strange hissing noise I've been hearing more about lately. I'll be sure to add my two cents when I get the phone, I should have enough money tomorrow or so.

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing the same stuff that all early adopters of a phone see. No matter what, no phone will be perfect, there's going to be some bugs that Motorola will squash in the coming weeks. I hope to see the camera fixed up a little myself, and maybe some of the pixelation people are seeing is partly software, can't be sure, but it's possible. And of course they'll probably fix some of the reception issues and that strange hissing noise I've been hearing more about lately. I'll be sure to add my two cents when I get the phone, I should have enough money tomorrow or so.

Do you think the camera could really be fixed by software? Because that is a big reason I am looking to return this phone!

jimmybigshot

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't taken a good picture with this phone yet. Bad colors, every photo is blurry... I've seen some people take good pics with other apps, but not what I want to do. Frustrating to say the least. Other than this, the phone rips.

Snoudel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't taken a good picture with this phone yet. Bad colors, every photo is blurry... I've seen some people take good pics with other apps, but not what I want to do. Frustrating to say the least. Other than this, the phone rips.

I totally agree! If this camera was good, this phone would be amazing!

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Battery life battery life battery life...phone is idle in my pocket for most of the day and still ends up at 10-15%...I feel like I can't actually use it or it will die.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Battery life and camera. Both pale in comparison to my incredible 2. Also the screen makes things looks like their paintings. Like if you pull up a picture the colors blend together. It's weird.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Archerdude

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So far my only complaint is when watching videos it is sometimes hard to hear the speaker. My Original Droid does get louder. Not a huge deal, but it does bother me. I would think they would have put a louder one in since it will always be facing away from your ears.

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, read every page but if I missed them here are mine:

1) I hate the bloatware! Why can't we get rid of it?
2) I use mine in the dock as an alarm clock. Way to bright. On my OG Droid I actually had one with the last iteration of software that was very dim. I want that again! Have looked in the market, but haven't found anything - yet.

Other than that I am loving it.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, read every page but if I missed them here are mine:

1) I hate the bloatware! Why can't we get rid of it?
2) I use mine in the dock as an alarm clock. Way to bright. On my OG Droid I actually had one with the last iteration of software that was very dim. I want that again! Have looked in the market, but haven't found anything - yet.

Other than that I am loving it.

Not sure, but I think you have to root to get rid of bloatware.

You can dim the alarm clock in the settings.

Reactions: Lisa W

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My List:
1.) Battery life is really starting to get to me. WIFI kills battery in 6 hours with moderate use. Unacceptable. I tend to use WIFI more than anything.
2.) Plastic Back cover, yes I know it helps with heat, but it feels like every other cheap feeling plastic phone.
3.) I haven't seen anyone post this yet but I have less bars at my house than I did on my OG Droid. Antenna seems to be week. People say they cant hear me as well as they used too.
4.) Decided my OG Droid external speaker is louder.
5.) Sleep Mode, My OG Droid was black background with just the clock numbers lit up, the Bionic has the stupid blue screen in the background, even with the setting set as dim as possible it disturbs the Fiance.
6.) Head Phone noise, also unacceptable.
7.) The 4 locked Icons on the bottom, this may seem a little picky but I want to be able to move the one that accesses the app drawer, I don't like it there and can't move it, annoying.
8.) Bloatware is ridiculous, I knew there would be a lot, but wow!
9.) Camera, I thought it was decent at first but the more I play with it the less I like it.
10.) Battery life again, not sure If people are getting 10+ hours on 3G only or just not using the phone but my experience with the battery has been awful.

Reactions: Lisa W

Lisa W

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, but I think you have to root to get rid of bloatware.

You can dim the alarm clock in the settings.

Yep, and I must admit that even though I know a lot about computers (MIS degree with programming) there is something about rooting that scares me, so I won't do it.
I have dimmed the clock as far down as it would go and still swear there is enough light to land a 747. :D