What is this floating remote icon on my screen

A

AC Question

Yesterday I noticed this floating remote icon on my screen. Looks like a remote in a gray circle. I didn't add any new apps. Anyway, if I press it my phone just freezes. All I can do is move it around.

Jay NY

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

It's simple. Just go to Settings, Applications, Application Manager and then look for "Peel Smart Remote" under your Downloads.
Disable and Uninstall Peel Smart Remote. The icon will disappear.

I would suggest disabling any applications you never use since it uses up data. Having all these applications open actually uses up data even when you are not using them.

Another trick to save on data usage: Go to Settings, Data Usage and uncheck Mobile Data when you don't need internet.
Applications are always running in the background even if you are off the internet.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
This is some nasty stuff. Makes a case for that crapola Iphone!

Not to start an iPhone vs. Android war, or an anti-Samsung war but this is a Samsung thing not an Android thing. Motorola doesn't have it, Nexus devices don't have it, I'm sure there are other devices that don't have it. Samsung and iPhone aren't the only devices on the market.

Chelsey1

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! Double click the button on the bottom of your screen that starts your camera, once that's open you can hold down the restart button and it will be clickable. That's how I've restarted my phone the last two times

andreafuentes

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I had same pro lem, it's Peel remote that came with my S5 Galaxy. It won't let me uninstall it completely, but you can uninstall updates and disable it. Worked for me. My phone would freeze for 15 minutes before!!

Darr247

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're unable to uninstall it and it's not on your home screens, open it in Apps, then tap the gear icon for its Settings. Ensure both Widgets are disabled... that should get rid of the floating icon on your lock screen.

Terrylynn56

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Mine isn't a floating icon. It is a very small white oval in upper left corner. It isn't a notification. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Does anyone know what it is? I would post a picture but don't know how.

Dhananjay Sahoo

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Re:How to remove the floating square icon(sth wrote in chinese) on my screen...

I m using vivo y 15S,and I found a floating square chinese icon having some engineer test like handwriting test,gravity test,speaker test etc...now its not removing even after factory data reset and wiping dada...can I be helped..plz

kurt7336

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Open ES File explorer go to setting and then to logger floating widget setting and make sure that box in NOt checked. That will remove that widget for good. I just did it and it took 5 seconds.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz