What is your most significant problem with the EVO 3D?

What is the biggest issue for you with the EVO 3D?

• Total voters

hyperphantom

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had troubles with my phone randomly restarting when I first got it..then about a week passed and it happened again, to the point I had to factory restore it. It lasted another 2 weeks and had 1 random reboot and has been fine another week or two until now, where I've had 3 reboots in the past 2 hours. Should I return this phone and get a new one? Or can this be fixed by an OTA....?

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the random reset issues after my phone overheated. I reset it to factory defaults and even after a day with no additional apps installed it continued. I returned mine and it hasn't happened since even after I put all my apps back. I'm hoping my phone never overheats again.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Yet another vote for no problems. The camera software could use a bit of work, but I know enough do fix the settings manually. I love this phone!

~Drew

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My main problem is with the screen becoming unresponsive sometimes... It happens randomly but only the very bottom of my screen will work and then after a while it works again.. Thats my main problem with the phone..

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
for it is the charging cord. the stupid thing is so loose, the phone stops charging every now and then so i have to wedge a piece of paper just to get it to be tight. pisses me off since i got rid of my instinct for that same reason. reminds me of my wife's color nook that had the same issue til B&N fixed it. my other major gripe is the damn flash is green in nearly all the pics i take with it. other than that i'm happy.

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
for it is the charging cord. the stupid thing is so loose, the phone stops charging every now and then so i have to wedge a piece of paper just to get it to be tight. pisses me off since i got rid of my instinct for that same reason. reminds me of my wife's color nook that had the same issue til B&N fixed it. my other major gripe is the damn flash is green in nearly all the pics i take with it. other than that i'm happy.

You might want to try to exchange for the loose charger. I use mine while on the charger all the time and it has never stopped charging.

~Drew

IcerC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Had it lock up and need a battery pull. Then the back button was 50% unresponsive but another reboot fixed that.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
you forget poor data connection and speeds

That is a very broad statement and certainly not true in my case. I have no data connectivity issues whatsoever and both 3 and 4G speeds are excellent. Not saying you may not be having issues yourself but to state it as though it were a fact for all of the 3D phones is very misleading, as is this survey because it does not account for those who have had no problems at all. Jmho.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
The 3D video camera jitter is my only complaint.

The battery life is PHENOMENAL compared to the Palm Pre. The signal strength is fine. The bluetooth works perfectly. I'm pleased.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't comment on the network speeds. Mine are bad but I never benchmarked the speeds on my old phone for a point of comparison- I wish I had now. I figured my bad speeds were due to the local tower but I've been testing in many places and for the most part they aren't good anywhere I've gone.

boe

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it just possible others aren't noticing the problem? I don't use the camera so I don't notice many of the camera issues listed such as picture quality or camera lock ups. I have a niece that uses virtually no minutes on her phone but texts a few thousand messages each month so she wouldn't notice voice quality issues.

If I have a voice quality issue every single time I made a call I would return the phone. I have had other issues with vanilla set ups where the phone would reset randomly - I returned it (it did have voice quality issues before I returned it). I had another one that with a vanilla set up overheated during charging that I also returned and it also had voice quality issues. My previous HTC Sprint phones I had 3.5 years, 2 years, 2 years and 2 years so I don't think I'm being overly picky - this phone has some issues which can probably be fixed with firmware updates.

Last edited:

shakinlaw#AC

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a good thread..

Thank GOD I don't have the issues a lot of you guys unfortunately ran in to. I came from the blackberry storm on Verizon & I'm in love with this phone. The small but annoying issues I have are low volume calls & poor signal. Coming from Verizon, I'm not sure if its the provider or the phone but i'll live with the trade off of a lower bill with unlimited minutes over excellent service & expensive plans, avg phones & overages.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo