What is your plan fellow users?

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My current plan is to wait for the Mate 30 Pro xD... In Indonesia they have this 100% moneyback guarantee if Google stops providing stuff to Huawei(for 1 year after purchase) . So yeah its a good deal.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
They really do. Great value for the money. Almost reminds me of Nexus back in the day.

Lol the Nexus 6P looked really advanced to me when it was released...mostly because I had an iPhone 5s. Seeing the big QHD AMOLED display, large battery, curved aluminium design and octa-core processor with 3GB of RAM made me quite envious. The 5s had less than HD (640p) 4 inch LCD display, 1GB of RAM and a lower clocked dual core processor >_<

However, Android back then wasn’t as smooth as iOS. To me Android only surpassed iOS after Nougat.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol the Nexus 6P looked really advanced to me when it was released...mostly because I had an iPhone 5s. Seeing the big QHD AMOLED display, large battery, curved aluminium design and octa-core processor with 3GB of RAM made me quite envious. The 5s had less than HD (640p) 4 inch LCD display, 1GB of RAM and a lower clocked dual core processor >_<

However, Android back then wasn’t as smooth as iOS. To me Android only surpassed iOS after Nougat.

Android has gotten better with time as far as software is concerned. I too thought the 6P was pretty advanced for its time! It was a gorgeous phone with a beautiful display too.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I am awaiting delivery of my Huawei p30 pro here in Mexico. I'm obviously not concerned about the ruckus. My needs for a smartphone are very basic. I'm mostly deaf so I don't receive phone calls. No ringtone. I have a total of 81 apps and most came with the phone. I actually use Google Calendar, Google Keep, Messages, Contacts and Gmail. I also have two dictionaries I use frequently. And. I use Google Maps quite a bit.

I have zero "social media". I do not have any games on my phone.

What I do is take photos. I've been using Pixel phones. I have the Pixel 3 now and it's the best, in my opinion, point and shoot camera in any cell phone. It takes great photos.

My hope with the Huawei p30 Pro, based on a lot of reading of reviews and watching a lot of YouTube videos, is that instead of a phone that takes great photos, I'll have a phone that let's me take great photos.

I'm looking forward to it although I do wish it ran a basic Android.