What Screen Protectors Are You Ordering?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Just preordered the S24U myself, and used some of the preorder credit to pick up a couple of their "Anti-Reflecting" SP's. But if they're not close in performance in that regard to the S24U's glass itself, I'll probably forego them.

Looking at the amount of glare and light reflected from a S24U's display next to that from the S24 and S24+, it's absurd just how well the "Armor" glass performs.
I didn't pay attention when I was in Best Buy today they had a plus and I'm sure their probably was a regular but the Ultra was always on another spot. I just wanted to compare the brightness from the 23U to the 24U and forgot to do that. But the 24U is nice.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I didn't pay attention when I was in Best Buy today they had a plus and I'm sure their probably was a regular but the Ultra was always on another spot. I just wanted to compare the brightness from the 23U to the 24U and forgot to do that. But the 24U is nice.
They have them side-by-side at my local BB. The S24U was actually noticeably dimmer than the other two, but turned out it was because someone had set it to adaptive brightness when the others weren't. Toggled to the same settings, they're all pretty much the same.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
They have them side-by-side at my local BB. The S24U was actually noticeably dimmer than the other two, but turned out it was because someone had set it to adaptive brightness when the others weren't. Toggled to the same settings, they're all pretty much the same.
Oh, Well I just wanted to see the difference in brightness from my 23 since the 24 has 2600 nits to mine having 1750 but doesn't matter. I don't really need to see it again. I just need to pick out a case. They told me they had no cases or protectors yet.

Reactions: Jeremy8000

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I bought this one for my S23 ultra. While I don't like the finger print circle on the screen that is lighter, I installed it last night without any issues. I didn't know it has the circle on the screen. It's not a cutout, it's just lighter and it's noticable on a black light screen.

They have a privacy screen version and probably one for the S24 ultra as well. But it came with 3. I had a film one and didn't like the look and feel of it.

We'll see how well it registers touches on it.

Reactions: BEaRebel

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I decided to order some ESR ones, as the Official Samsung ones that came with the phone don't reach the edge and feel like plastic (which is fair, cuz they are).

Never used ESR before, mostly ordered because they specifically claim 2.5D edge to edge. And Whitestone ea weren't available.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not normally a screen protector user but the coating has begun to wear in a couple of spots on my S23 ultra. Mainly because I'll play 1st shooter games and it's where my thumbs are on the screen as the joysticks. I'd like to minimize that wear. I'm not sure how long I'm going to use this cheaper glass protector because apparently there's only adhesive on the edges and where the fps is.

.....And I already removed it. It wasn't registering touches for me accurately. Even things like typing. And especially gaming with it on. At least I only spent $13 on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Whitestone Dome is the way to go. This year's two-pack kit opened at $32.99 including shipping and tax. I believe it's on their site for $34.99 now. Replacement kits are $10 I believe as part of their warranty program. Customer service isn't great, but their product is so most times you don't even need to deal with their customer service.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I get the whole you spent $2,000 on your phone why cheap out?

I don't know, is there really a difference here.

I use LK and few others from Amazon but never go over $15 CANADIAN for 2-3 pack. This goes for cases too.

I cringe when I see people at stores drop $50-$70 on cases like OtterBox.

If I'm spending that much on cases and screen protectors. I might as well buy Apple/Samsung care+.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I get the whole you spent $2,000 on your phone why cheap out?

I don't know, is there really a difference here.

I use LK and few others from Amazon but never go over $15 CANADIAN for 2-3 pack. This goes for cases too.

I cringe when I see people at stores drop $50-$70 on cases like OtterBox.

If I'm spending that much on cases and screen protectors. I might as well buy Apple/Samsung care+.
I cringe too. Not at the price itself, but for an Otterbox? such an overated case.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't spend more than $15-$25 on a screen protector or case. I think I spent $30 on a Supcase for my S23 ultra and hate it because it's so bulky. I've never owned an otter box either.

I've gone through two screen protectors in the past week because I got annoyed with them within a day. It's been 13 years since I have had a screen protector on a phone. The touch responsiveness and feel of the screen is superior than any screen protector.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Was at dinner on Wednesday night and saw a guy who runs a cell phone repair store. He recommends spending around 5% of the retail price of the phone on protection (case, screen protector and glass camera protector), but no more than 10%. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: frank-barnett

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
I got the ESR glass screen protector, it went on easy enough and seems at the moment to be good.
You will be pleased. ESR has done a good job with those. Have had them on my S23 Ultra and S22 Ultra, in addition to having them ready to put on my S24 Ultra today.

Reactions: Del1701

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You will be pleased. ESR has done a good job with those. Have had them on my S23 Ultra and S22 Ultra, in addition to having them ready to put on my S24 Ultra today.
It's not quite edge to edge, but it's not snagging my thumb like the Samsung official was. Still considering taking it off and using the screen as is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djglover7