Question Whatsapp - how can I search for voice recordings within whatsapp?

dodoandroid

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I have been able to do this previously but cannot find how to search within a whatsapp conversation for voice recordings.

When I click the 3 dots in the top right of the conversation I can go to group media but this only displays photos and videos sent within the group. I'm certain that in the past this would also display all of the voice recordings but it's typically either been removed or moved around just to P*** off the users.

How can I find voice recordings?

The only 'advice' I can find on the internet is to go to file manager and access voice recordings from there, but the problem with this is that it displays all recordings from every conversation, so it will take hours for me to find it this way.

SURELY there must be a way to search within a conversation any audio recordings????

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, like you said, there is no built-in way of this in Whatsapp (can't say it wasn't there before or not, never cared for voice notes myself and actually yell at people for sending me those haha if I wanted/had time to hear/do audio, I'd call you! TEXT! But I digress).

As stated, using a file manager you can go into Whatsapp's voice notes folder. While your conversations are not particularly named, they are all stored in different folders. If you find the right folder, you could find audio notes from that specific conversation?

Reactions: dodoandroid

dodoandroid

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately, like you said, there is no built-in way of this in Whatsapp (can't say it wasn't there before or not, never cared for voice notes myself and actually yell at people for sending me those haha if I wanted/had time to hear/do audio, I'd call you! TEXT! But I digress).

As stated, using a file manager you can go into Whatsapp's voice notes folder. While your conversations are not particularly named, they are all stored in different folders. If you find the right folder, you could find audio notes from that specific conversation?
haha I couldn't agree more with you about the people who send voice notes.
Are you sure that the voice notes get put in one folder per conversation?

Im using a moto g and I have hundreds of files in my whatsapp audio folder. There would surely be fewer folders if it's only one folder per conversation

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There should be a Voice Notes folder (not audio). That folder should have different folders as well per convo. Now, bear in mind that after Whatsapp's encryption of conversations, these files may be encrypted as well (again, my contacts know not to send me these so I can't test that out on mine).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz