Where did my memory go?

vd2kilcm

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a Samsung Galaxy j3 running Android 7 to a ulefone armor 3 running Android 8.1. The new phone has 64g native memory, and I added a 128g sd card. On the Samsung, the internal and external memory were separately accessible through a file manager. That doesn't seem to be the case with the new phone...it seems to treat the sd card as internal memory. The phone came preloaded with about 5 gigs of system crap, and I put about 55 gigs on it from my old phone. Trouble is....the file managers I'm using are telling me I've used about 65g of 114 total. I'm kinda bad at math, but something isn't adding up. Is there a way to get 8.1 to treat the sd card on this phone separately? If not, how do I go about determining where the discrepancy is?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like the card was formatted as Internal Storage. You can probably reformat it as Portable Storage in the Settings>Storage menu, but if you have any important data on the card right now, look for an option to Migrate data from the card to the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky