Where is Samsung Cloud in the S7E?

racin06

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I just changed mobile devices from the N7 to the S7E. I had my N7 backed up to Samsung Cloud. I want to restore the backed up information to my S7E. However, I can't find Samsung Cloud in my S7E to do so. I'm on the Verizon network. Please help. Thanks.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Exact same situation here. I had it to open from a double tap on Nova. Now it just says that app isn't installed.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It is not on the Verizon version within any setting, and the method for creating a shortcut to it that the Note 7 forums had posted (via Nova or QuickShortcutMaker) doesn't seem to be an option...I tried using QuickShortcutMaker and couldn't even find the cloud activity at all.

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The service was disabled by default on the Verizon Note 7 phones. Had to go into Package Disabler Pro to find the service and enable it to use. Don't know what's included with the S7E firmware but that's the first place I would look.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not sure how to do this via package disabler pro as I've only used it to disable apps. It's an application on the Google Play Store you can use to disable "bloatware".

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe the package (or activity) is on the s7 at all (edge or regular). I don't think it's part of the firmware like it was on the Note 7. On the Note 7 it's part of the firmware but Verizon disabled it (actually I think they hid it), so creating a shortcut to the activity would launch it. In the case of the Galaxy S7/Edge I don't think it's in the firmware at all so therefore not there to be "shortcutted" to. I'd be thrilled if someone corrected me....

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just changed mobile devices from the N7 to the S7E. I had my N7 backed up to Samsung Cloud. I want to restore the backed up information to my S7E. However, I can't find Samsung Cloud in my S7E to do so. I'm on the Verizon network. Please help. Thanks.

Samsung hasn't released it yet on the GS7E, AFAIK. The only other phones that received the new Samsung Cloud is the Note 4 & Note 4 Edge. I have it on my N910C Note 4 and it's awesome. Way, way better than the lame Google Backup.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Samsung hasn't released it yet on the GS7E, AFAIK. The only other phones that received the new Samsung Cloud is the Note 4 & Note 4 Edge. I have it on my N910C Note 4 and it's awesome. Way, way better than the lame Google Backup.

Tmobile has released the new Samsung Cloud with the recent security update and the new Gallery app for s7 and s7 edge.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Those charming individuals at Verizon probably learned their lesson from people finding it on the N7 and will remove it from their updates rather than hiding it. I really do not understand why they feel the need to interfere with that. Do they even make any money from their own(horrible) cloud service? Samsung Cloud is pretty great and it worked flawlessly in restoring my 1st N7's settings to the replacement one.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Nah man my unlocked S7 has it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Those charming individuals at Verizon probably learned their lesson from people finding it on the N7 and will remove it from their updates rather than hiding it. I really do not understand why they feel the need to interfere with that. Do they even make any money from their own(horrible) cloud service? Samsung Cloud is pretty great and it worked flawlessly in restoring my 1st N7's settings to the replacement one.
Yeah, they charge for it if you want more than 5gb. I think it's even available on the Pixel because it's one of their most used apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jon jon