Question Where is the wallpaper stored on a Galaxy S7?

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Years ago, I put a personal photo into a folder on my S7 so I could use it as homescreen wallpaper. Now I want to change it, but I can't find the folder it's in when I browse the phone via a PC. Where is it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you create a custom wallpaper, I believe a copy of that image is saved to a system directory for wallpapers that you can't access.

Are you trying to retrieve that image, or just replace it? If you simply want to replace it, then go through the process of selecting a new custom wallpaper.

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
When you create a custom wallpaper, I believe a copy of that image is saved to a system directory for wallpapers that you can't access.

Are you trying to retrieve that image, or just replace it? If you simply want to replace it, then go through the process of selecting a new custom wallpaper.
I'm trying to replace it. The whole problem is I can't seem to find how to select a new custom wallpaper of one of my own images. Samsung only lets me choose their images.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long-press any empty part of the homescreen, then tap Wallpaper and Style at the bottom, then Change Wallpapers. You should see "Gallery" right under "Featured." There should be a few different categories there, like Recent, Camera, Screenshots, etc. You should be able to choose your custom image from there.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174