Which advertising networks do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thive_Dev

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
If you launch a Mobile Game / App you can use the standard Plattform AdMob. Should your game/ app reach several 100 k user you can change the Network to optimate your advertising.

DaveSheep

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm mostly using Chartboost for my games and pretty happy with it so far.
They've got very good customisation and they update frequently instead of once a day. And their support is very good.
I tried admob but wasn't very happy with it.
Currently trying UnityAds but cannot really comment on that yet. I'll have to wait another month or two before i decide if i keep it or go back to chartboost for VideoAds. Well, the integration was pretty damn easy... that's a plus :)

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
So far I'm using the standard AdMob, without Mediation. But my app is really too young, and I have too few downloads and impressions. I received a mail from AdBuddiz, which promised really good opportunities. But I think I'll wait. Just in case one day an app of mine will have enough downloads, I will look for other solutions.
I think that ad market is changed during the last years. 5/6 years ago, when I put a couple of apps on Apple store, the revenues were really higher.

woknok

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
How many downloads or active users should your game have before its wise to implement ads?

Posted via the Android Central App

Pojkar

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
I have my first app on Android, and release it 3 weeks ago. And for now, I'm using AdMob... But users are really low (about 20 active per day). I was just wonder, of other developer experience. Because I have some WP apps, and my experince is, that Microsoft have biggest cpm (but have lower fill rate), Google have quite low cpm. But for a while I try smaato and it have even lower cpm than Google. But for now, it seems, that on Android there are bigger cpm than on WP (for same app, but can't be sure for that low count of impressions)

ziggysturdust

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I use Appodeal and I like their platform, because they provide access to major ad networks, RTB/DSP exchanges with 1 SDK for free. Quite satisfied with their fillrate. The payout system is great). Would definitely recommend them.

rsgapps

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I am using Heyzap Mediation. You can choose what ad network You use, and You could switch off one of them if You have bad results

Scianthrope

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using the AppBrain SDK to provide interstitial ads. Very few downloads yet so it's tough to know how it's performing. Revenue is generated from installs through the ads. Considering a switch to video ads (watch to get free coins or whatever) kind of approach.

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
How many downloads or active users should your game have before its wise to implement ads?

If you're ever gonna have ads, put them in the initial release. Users hate it when they suddenly have ads where there were none before, and will always leave negative reviews because of it.

Clara Lambert

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site

Hi woknok,

Clara from AdBuddiz here :)

Like swiftythesloth says, you can include ads in your app from the launch already, so as not to surprise your users later on. Also, take-off is often a central moment in the life of an app, and you don't want to miss the opportunity to monetize new users.

You should aim to generate at least 1000 ad impressions per day in order to fully benefit from mobile advertising. If you are using interstitial ads, you need to show the ad at key moments in the app, so that they don't interrupt with the user experience (we can help you find the right places). At AdBuddiz, we work hard on the creatives of our ads, so that they are as attractive as possible and do not lower the standard of your app ;)

Therefore, marketing your app prior to and after the launch is important - although sometimes word-of-mouth works well too :)

pocketreers

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
Chartboost are supposed to be good, but unfortunately I dont have enough app downloads to confirm it for myself, however I know of a couple of indie developers that are making a fortune out of running Chartboost ads in popular apps.

themodularmind

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using mediation with mopub, running mmedia, startapp and Facebook Audience network. For the last one you need approval for each app you send, it tooks about 5 days for me. But it's performing very well

richard_walters

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I ported Calculator² from Windows to Android and published it on the Google Play Store on Tuesday. I'm just using AdMob for now. I do have the slight complication of having developed the app using Xamarin in order to reuse much of the Windows code, and I'm not sure if other ad sdks are available (without binding the Java ones myself).

On Windows, I use Microsoft ads and AdDuplex as a fallback solution. Microsoft ads have generally served me well, although the fill-rate isn't great and lately the eCPM hasn't been great either. I was actually wondering if there was an equivalent for AdDuplex on Android? AdDuplex is a cross-promotion network for Windows and works fantastically well.

Status
Not open for further replies.