Which app to play video clip file download from youtube?

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I get slow motion and hiccup sounds when play short video clip file ext .flv, mp4 and rmvb video download from megavideo or youtube on rockplayer app. Which one can play those video file on optimus v without any problem?

Lenoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I am running Revolution reds rom overclocked to 806 mhz, and using the app "Vital Player". This app runs flawlessly on my phone. It states that it is using software decoding for certain file types, but I cant tell the difference between hardware decoding. I have no clue how well it performs on a stock phone, but vital player has played everything I've thrown at it.

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No one play youtube video clip downloaded in sd card with this device? I know this ARMv6 cpu.. It work with youtube app that it come why can't it play flv or mp4 video files??

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It will play MP4 files...but not every codec. Flv files require Adobe Flash, which ARMv6 does not support. The YouTube app on the phone converts flv files before it plays them back on the phone.

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I am running Revolution reds rom overclocked to 806 mhz, and using the app "Vital Player". This app runs flawlessly on my phone. It states that it is using software decoding for certain file types, but I cant tell the difference between hardware decoding. I have no clue how well it performs on a stock phone, but vital player has played everything I've thrown at it.

Thanks, it plays fine on mp4 and flv files, not in rmvb format. setting to software decode. maybe I need to flash stock and get 800mhz o/c

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It will play MP4 files...but not every codec. Flv files require Adobe Flash, which ARMv6 does not support. The YouTube app on the phone converts flv files before it plays them back on the phone.

Get that Vital Player work fine on mp4 and flv file. not rmvb format. Hope someone can figure out make ARMv6 run flash on this device. thz

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I actually like Real Player...but I always convert anything I want to run on the phone to H264 MP4 and the right format and bitrates. Doing so makes everything run as well as it can, and that way I don't need a huge app like Vital Player trying to find every codec and format possible. ES File Explorer also has a nice little video player built in that can playback in portrait mode as well.

TekOne

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I also tried real player app, can't play in this optimus. Actually, vital player installed in SD directly. Its about 8.35mb size, but my mSD 8gb and well fit in.

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Flash doesn't play on an ARMv6 no matter what's done to it in terms of overclocking. And if you look at your phone's memory, the amount listed as used by Vital Player is actually the internal memory, even though it "installs to the card". On my phone it used almost 9MB of internal memory on top of what was on the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans