Which Email App Do You Use for You Gmail Account?

Which email app do you use?

• Total voters

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I currently use K-9 but have used the stock S3 mail app also. The stock app doesn't do gmail, you have to use the factory installed gmail mail app. K-9 is not up to the abilities of the newer email features so I have started using Aquamail which from a preliminary trial seems to be a really well thought out and executed mail app.

The stock email app does do gmail. For account type select other and enter your gmail username and password. That's it...

You can also use the stock email app with Gmail by setting up Gmail as an Exchange account. This method gives you the option to push Gmail to the stock email app.

Sent from my SGSIII

mgoodin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You can add 5 POP accounts to your gmail account which is great. I have all my emails running to gmail which has a GREAT anti-spam feature, and I leverage the native gmail app on my GS3. No need to leverage two apps IMO.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
'Other' here. Set up my three Windows Live pop3 accounts > thru 'Other', I think, and they've been working great since Day 1.
Very fast sending & receiving! :)

Never tried gmail or the other 'stock' email app(s).

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been using AquaMail since I first posted in this thread back in Aug. 2012. It is by far the best email app I have tried. It does everything, does it well, has easy but comprehensive controls, interacts with the Galaxy S3 and S4 notifications functions, and one of the finest support response times and quality of response of any application on any platform. For the record, I am not associated with AquaMail in any way other than a very satisfied user.

duddy23b

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am now complete Verizon finally put a app out for their email it's a multi app that allows you to see your bill, other Verizon service it's a wrap for me, Aol, gmail, Yahoo and Verizon

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
K-9 for me. I keep trying to leave it and just keep coming back, usually within a day or two. I didn't hate the stock email app on the S3, but there were a few things about it that bugged me, most of them aesthetic. K-9 is just too feature rich and reliable to part with, I guess. Too bad it's kinda fugly.

Lucas Olsky

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
mxHero! by far best app, regretfully not listed in that poll. Free Chrome extension all in one with every day growing features and every device support. Do i need to say more?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abventz