Which Xoom screen protector? (If any)

Which screen protector do you use?

• Total voters

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been having quite the "battle" with screen protectors for my Xoom.

First, I got the Skinomi (Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Screen Protector Shield for Motorola XOOM + LIFETIME REPLACEMENTS: Electronics) - I didn't know before I got it that I'd have to use a solution and let it cure before it looked OK. I got somewhat frustrated with it and took it on and off a few times. I read some more positive reviews and the company was a pleasure to deal with, so I actually ordered a fresh one. Only the fresh one came with nicks on the protector and dust between itself and the wax paper, so I'm waiting on a replacement there.

Then I got the Steinheil (SGP Motorola Xoom Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series - Motorola - Tablets) - I really liked the feel of it. The installation was really easy and it fit the screen a lot more closely than the Skinomi did. It shipped with a small crease in the upper right that just wouldn't work out that resulted in an air bubble and eventually drove me bonkers after a couple of days. It had a faint scratch on it as well but couldn't notice it after it was installed. I took it off and lost it so I guess I'm out on that one.

I have an order placed with Boxwave (Motorola XOOM ClearTouch Anti-Glare - Award winning anti-glare Motorola XOOM screen protector and enhancement) - However it said it would ship on the 14th but hasn't shipped yet. I have an email in to them but they haven't replied yet.

So as you could imagine, my Xoom's screen has been naked most of the time and it's totally fine. My g/f was using it in the kitchen to read a recipe and actually a glass fell and broke right on the front of it and it was 100% OK. I really want a protector to clean off fingerprints easier and for some anti-glare properties.

Which protector do you use?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the standard Verizon/Motorola protector for now, once some good quality anti-glare ones come out I will get one before summer is here.

Once I dock the Xoom in my car the glare can get pretty bad.

suave85

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Zagg

I use the Zagg protectors for anything that I get. (cellphone, laptop, tablet) The Zagg invisibleSHIELDs are great products. When you buy one you get a lifetime warranty. Meaning that if the protector starts to function anyway other than what it is suppose to, just request a new one and once you receive the new one send the old one back. 45 day money back guarantee but I HIGHLY doubt you will want your money back!

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i am using boxwave for my epic 4g and it has worked great, and ordered the boxwave for my soon to come xoom wifi if amazon ever wants to give me a ship date...

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Once I actually get mine Gorilla Glass all the way. Maybe, just MAYBE, Ill go anti-glare. I like the idea of being able to somewhat read books outside