White dot on the right hand side of my status bar! Please Help!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, recently a white dot has been appearing on the top right hand side of my phone's status bar (if that's what you call it). It is very easy to spot. The issue is, everytime I plug in my headphones, the dot replaces the headphone symbol. When I unplug them, the dot disappears. If I have my headphones in and I point my phone screen towards the roof with its backside faced towards the ground or If I just cover both cameras, the dot slowly starts to flicker. It comes back then leaves, comes back and leaves and so on. I scrolled down to see if it was just a notification but nothing was there. I cleared off all the previous apps I had opened yet, it stayed. What is happening? Someone please give me an answer. I am very paranoid right now..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It could be an overflow indicator, meaning that there are more icons in the status bar than can fit. If you swipe down the notification panel, it may show you more icons on the right side.

Another possibility is that it's the proximity sensor, but that depends on which phone you have.

In any case, it is extremely unlikely that there's anything malicious going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej