Who else loves this phone?

stew1411

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say that even though there are alot of newer phones, I still love my captivate and am not looking to trade up anytime soon. The size is perfect, anything smaller feels too small in my hands now, even though it used to feel like a beast in my hands. I held the infuse and it felt just too big. I still consider this phone high end, even though we now have dual core phones. I was just wondering, who else here still loves this phone and isnt ready to give it up yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

bibleprof

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I also love my cappy. I have thought about making my next phone a SGS II or Infuse, however i'm not interested in updating any time soon. This phone is absolutely wonderful. I have rooted it and am running Mosaic V (gingerbread) created by Team Phoenix. You can find it on the XDA forums. :)

datastar

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello fellow Cappies if I my borrow from Bibleprof. I am right there with you on this one. I also love my Captivate. I used to long for a second camera and and dual core would be nice, but when it comes down to usefulness , functionality, and slick design; we have one cool device. I had it wrapped in different cases and covers but that takes away the perfect feel in my hand. I proudly have the screen timeout set to 10 minutes and lay it down on a table/desk/counter to show off the wonderful brightness.:cool:

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
All it was missing is a front facing camera, camera flash, working GPS and a current software version- all of which were standard equipment on the equivalent phones of the day...other than those glaring omissions by at&t (trying unsuccessfully to keep competition away from the iPhone) it's a nice device.

ryaxnb

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I love the amount of storage space on the captivate and the ability to hardware accelerate most any video file I can find. I like the beautiful 4inch screen, microsd hot swap, and now that I installed this custom battery, awesome battery life.
Sent from my Samsung Captivate using Tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking around for awhile, trying to decide which of the new/upcoming phones I wanted, and honestly, none of them are worth dropping $500 on. The cappy does everything I need it to, rarely slows down, and is still one of the best looking phones out there. Nothing out there impresses me enough (yet) to get rid of it.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It is not going to get fixed- it is not a software issue. It can get obfuscated, for better or worse... or it may work fine once in a while. The inconsistent GPS is a "feature" of a solid percentage of captivates. If yours doesn't work, complain and trade it in until you get one that does, or buy a bluetooth GPS receiver for $35. But do not wait around for a fix, because there isn't one.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If you can manage to get a replacement, there are Cappys out there that have perfect GPS. I have always gotten an instant lock, regardless of ROM.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i agree... i got this phone when i didn't know a whole lot about android, and i think i hit an unknowing home run, with it's hackability and unlockable bootloader, etc. now that i have this, the only thing i would upgrade to is a nexus, and since i'm running CM7 my cappy's basically the same thing as the nexus s, so i'm thinking upgrade to next nexus whenever that comes out

pittsm

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
i agree... i got this phone when i didn't know a whole lot about android, and i think i hit an unknowing home run, with it's hackability and unlockable bootloader, etc. now that i have this, the only thing i would upgrade to is a nexus, and since i'm running CM7 my cappy's basically the same thing as the nexus s, so i'm thinking upgrade to next nexus whenever that comes out

Ditto, I lucked into the captivate and man am I sure glad I did.

Sent from my extremely awesome Captivate.

fossil54

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My GPS sucked at first 11 months ago-thought I'd gotten a bad unit. I used GPS fix apps, still didn't work real great. Now it's almost scary right on, I have a stretched out ranch style house and it points to the chair I'm in!
Works good while driving for my job in a 200 mile radius, it's like it just took a awhile to kick in. Maybe more satellite coverage, I live in a low population Indian Territory middle America place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86