Why am I having file sharing troubles between windows 8.1 and es file explorer?

A

AC Question

File sharing troubles between windows 8.1 and es file explorer

Hello there
I used to access to my computer files using my local username and password in es file explorer lan tab, and i automatically accessed every storage was connected, like usb drives, without even have to change specific sharing settings in windows.
Now I'm trying to do the same thing, but i can just access user folders. Local drives are showing with an "$" right after the drive letter, and if I try to access them, the app says "the account has no permissions".
I have sharing by username and password enabled in windows.
What should I do?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: File sharing troubles between windows 8.1 and es file explorer

Hello there
I used to access to my computer files using my local username and password in es file explorer lan tab, and i automatically accessed every storage was connected, like usb drives, without even have to change specific sharing settings in windows.
Now I'm trying to do the same thing, but i can just access user folders. Local drives are showing with an "$" right after the drive letter, and if I try to access them, the app says "the account has no permissions".
I have sharing by username and password enabled in windows.
What should I do?

Try making sure the drivers are updated. Consider uninstalling then reinstalling just to be sure. Often times the USB port you are using can create issues, so try another.

Let us know how it goes.