Why are any phone numbers not in contacts being forwarded to voicemail?

Joe Soldner

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Any phone number not in contacts being forwarded to voicemail.

I am posting this question only after searching and trying everything I could find but unable to resolve. I have a non-rooted, Galaxy S5 on AT&T which forwards any phone number not in my contacts to voicemail after one short ring sound. I have Android lollipop version 5.0 but this problems has been happening for months even under Kit Kat version 4.4.4 and 4.4.2.

I checked call rejection, interruptions, blocking, and cannot find the root cause or remediation. I am also using tasker but I cannot find anything enabled there either. AT&T insists they are not doing anything on their end.Any assistance would be greatly appreciated because I need to be able to answer incoming calls for work from potentially hundreds of different numbers. Thank you in advance.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any phone number not in contacts being forwarded to voicemail.

To start, turn off all Tasker tasks. If that fixes it, it's a task. If it still does it, start the phone in Safe Mode. If that fixes it, it's an app. Run them one at a time until the problem happens again. The last app you ran is doing it. If it still does it, it's a setting in the phone.

Joe Soldner

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Any phone number not in contacts being forwarded to voicemail.

Rukbat,

You are a lifesaver! I employed your logic and it proved to be an application. Turning off Tasker did not work, but rebooting into safe mode worked. I uninstalled any unnecessary apps and also uninstalled Sophos security, and that solved the issue. I believe it may have been a security setting in Sophos, but either way, it is resolved. Thanks again!

Regards,
Joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali