Why does every recording app correctly records only a part of the call?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I'm using Moto G5s plus on android 7.1.1. Literally every call recording app only records a part of the call correctly. Sometimes it's the first 2 minutes sometimes it's 7. At some point, the sound goes incredibly silent to the point that I can't understand anything, there's lots of cracks and weird loud noises in the recording every time someone talks abd it's making it unusable. Wouldn't mind it but I kinda need it for work at the time, so any ideas how to resolve the issue would help lot

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There's a lot of privacy and legal concerns surrounding the use of call recording, so Google has actively made it all but impossible to do on an Android phone. I would be surprised if you were able to get this working.

Youme1

May 30, 2020
Visit site
I'm the op, not sure if it's gonna be clear after registering an account. I've read on https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic1515-call-recorder-for-moto-g5s.html that the issue might be due to another app changing the audio route during a call and that explanation would fit. On today's call that I needed recorded, after about 10 minutes only the other person was heard. In other cases, either no one was heard or only me. Is there any way to check which app might be changing the audio route? And yes, I think the no-recording policy started with a newer android version, I seem to recall reading a headline about definitely regarding either Android 8 or 9.