Why does my LG G3 keeps restarting unless plugged into a power outlet?

silver 109

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Over the last three weeks my LG G3 has been restarting over and over again. At first it only occurred when using the phone for long periods of time. However it has now started to occur all the time.

If my phone is plugged into a power outlet it will not restart and it works as normal. Once unplugged it works for a period of time, however when I start using multiply apps it shuts down and restarts repeatedly until I either plug it into a power outlet or take my battery out. Taking the battery out stops the auto restart process however when I try to turn the phone back on, if it is not plugged into a power outlet the restart process starts again and continues.

I have tried factory resetting the phone but that didn't help the situation.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Nathan

Cinstantly restartingbof lg g3... I think its ...im 70 percent sure that..thts the fault of battry...we have to chnage 1st..battry ...do not reset the phone..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol Macca

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
@Vireshen Bhim: that's what I thought too! It's not broken just bent, though. You could try this too.
More details: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...oot-loop-how-can-i-get-out-2.html#post5173658

@the core
Soldering the battery is the way forward. I bought a new battery and decided to solder the old one before I tried the new one. After I soldered the old battery and tried and it is working even now and it has been over 2 weeks since I done it and not one single restart on my over 1 year old battery.
I did try the card between the battery trick it stayed on but it would turn off and wouldn't restart again until I plugged it back into the charger
So if you can solder I recommend that you do so,performance wasn't affected but battery will look more rugged as the plastic top bit won't fit back in. But will save you money in the end. Kudos to "the core" and "marko peltonen"

liamrrsh

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey peeps. :-* So i have been having the exact same problem. Stuck in an endless reboot cycle if not plugged in :'( . I only have like 13 days left before i am due for an upgrade (Honestly will not go for LG again. Going to go with Samsung S7 edge)

Anyhoo, I read some google articles and followed some advice and i am happy to report a new battery and R250.00 (thats South african rand) later and my phone seems to back to its normal LG'ely self :p . Still waiting to see if any other problems surface but so far so good :) Good luck all.

I've just ended my g3 contract and got a galaxy s7 edge. Brilliant highly recommend it!

mctomato

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Confirmed, this is because of the battery. Bootloop stop when I connect my phone to the charger. Maybe the battery reached it's end of life, and it's the phone protecting itself from faulty battery. This happened to my LG G3 today. When I swap the battery with my wife's phone, (My wife's phone is also LG G3) my phone ran perfectly and it's my wife's phone having bootloop now.

Don't factory reset the phone, lucky I didn't do that. Just replace with new battery.

Gareyr

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Cinstantly restartingbof lg g3... I think its ...im 70 percent sure that..thts the fault of battry...we have to chnage 1st..battry ...do not reset the phone..

I have an issue though where my phone will stay in the reboot cycle unless it's on a charger. However when I trade batterie, both phones work perfectly fine.

Avishay Amar

Jul 17, 2016
Visit site
Had this problem
at first the restarts occurred few times during the day
, then it happened 10-20 times each day (and I've noticed that after each restart the battery percentage indicator changed drastically, e.g 65% before the restart, and 48% afterwards)

then yesterday it started the non-stop loop unless the charger is connected (usb cable wasn't enough, only wall charger)

replacing the battery solved this issue instantly :)

EstherVictor

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi Dear, Did changing the battery finally solve the rebooting problem?

Please send me details about the bug and possible solution. Thx

Am trying to solder my LG G3 battery as advised. i have opened it up but dont seem to see any broken circuit. Where exactly can i do the soldering? Please help advise further. [Personal email removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashley Thomas6

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the same exact issue with my phone about a week ago and I came to this site looking for answers and did not find one. After I did some research and spoke with my phone carrier, I ordered a new battery from a website I found online and it only cost $12.67 After shipping and handling and it came within a week and now my phone works like it never happened. I took the battery out of the back and wrote down everything I would think I would need and searched that exactly and found many sites with different prices. But a new battery is all you need! Just thought I'd help and post this in case anyone else has this issue and couldn't find an answer.

sudhakar sharma1

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi frinds
I am also facing problem it restarts several (5-7 times ), after finishing boot loop it starts and what see battery is 15-20% left. However It works normally until i manually tap the button "switch off and restart " then problem is ready to start.

I have no idea to fix it but there is two types boot loops.
1. one is occurs when battery is old and not want work properly. Solution is replace the battery by genuine one. problem will be fixed.

2. Second boot loop occurs due to software update ,, so hard reset the phone and don't update at all.

Regards
SK Sharma

Julianne Bastien

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I received my phone in April, started doing this in June, by July it wouldn't start up at all, bought new battery and it worked for 2 months then nothing. Sent to LG 2x thinking it was the phone. Got it back and still does the same thing. Ordered another new battery.. Pissed that I wasted the money...

Vice8989

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Not only LG g3 does this possibly all Korean manufacturer phones do this after 1year span..... Does your phone works fine now after u solider and how does the new battery do?
My g3 keeps restating until I connected to power if I take the power connection the phone gets into bootloop....and do changing the battery will be a solution? P.s I bought a Chinese knock-off battery for 10$ it lasted only for 3days and same bootloop issue continues...will it be good if buy original battery? Will this issue stop? Just checking because there is no original battery in local lg shops i have to import.. ...please provide help ASAP! Thanks in advance ;-)

humstonD2016

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem and after trying the card trick to no avail, I bought a 2 pack of Anker batteries from Amazon for like $20 and it came with an external charger so you can keep an extra battery ready to go! Phone has worked perfectly ever since and the Anker batteries seem to last longer than the LG battery ever did. Good luck!

ekoms

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
@the core
Soldering the battery is the way forward. I bought a new battery and decided to solder the old one before I tried the new one. After I soldered the old battery and tried and it is working even now and it has been over 2 weeks since I done it and not one single restart on my over 1 year old battery.
I did try the card between the battery trick it stayed on but it would turn off and wouldn't restart again until I plugged it back into the charger
So if you can solder I recommend that you do so,performance wasn't affected but battery will look more rugged as the plastic top bit won't fit back in. But will save you money in the end. Kudos to "the core" and "marko peltonen"

pleased showq us / me what exacty your soildering please. is it om the battery or the phone its self. mine been doinmg this for two days and if i unplug it i get about 30-45 sec before bootloop

please help!!!!!

thank you

reneesofia88

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
Nathan,

My wife's AT&T G3 is experiencing this exact problem. She says it has gotten progressively worse and now the only way it'll stay on is if it's plugged in. The battery says 100% but will begin to reboot shortly after unplugging it. If you're going to try another battery, please let me know if that is the fix.

Txs

Matt

I tried 2 different batteries and still worked for less then 2 days and keeps doing the same thing n i just got it less then a week ago

PaulB1979

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
UPDATE NOV 25, 2017 : Why does my LG G3 keeps restarting unless plugged into a power outlet?

UPDATE NOV 25, 2017

This works 100%. Very easy, I promise.

Download The "WakeLock Powermanager" app

Then do this:

1. Open the app
2. Press on "Partial_Wake_Lock"
3. Now you shoud see "0 1 2 3 4" turn on at the top.
4. Goto Options
5. Check off "Autostart on Boot"
6. Unplug your phone
7. Voila, Enjoy!

Your welcome :)

Paul

Veprax

Jul 28, 2018
Visit site
@the core

What do you mean by soldering? I looked for it in this thread but I didn't fing any comment about soldering.

Thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45