Why does my Pixel 2 keep assigning texts to the wrong contact?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

There's one contact in my Pixel 2 for someone I haven't tried with in a long time. Every one in a while, my phone will assign a text message from someone else to this contact. Usually I know what's going on because it's in the middle of a text conversation - for example, I was texting with my dad last week and one of his text responses came to me as a text from this other person. Only one. It's always the same wrong contact, and it's probably important to note that this old contact and I both have chat features turned on.

Now I have a new isolated missed call and text that came in the middle of the night from this contact, but I'm certain this person didn't send them. I have no idea who did. Any suggestions for uncrossing these wires so I can figure out who actually texted me and prevent this from happening in the future? I tried turning off chat features, restarting my phone, and deleting the contract (the call and text are still sitting up as the person's number). Thanks for any insight or ideas!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter