Why has it taken so long for S7 to get Oreo update? And still no update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Model number: SM-G930F

Phone is unblocked and I did a bit of research and the model seems to be from Europe and I been hearing people been getting the update ages ago, I'm not sure if its because mine is exynos version and people with the snapdragon are the only ones getting the update or what but there seems to be lacking information out there no one is clearing this up they saying the update was put on halt even though people already got the updates a month ago, and its reported that the update is now back on and still no update am I missing something here or what?

I'm pretty sure I've checked everywhere for more information but no luck, I've seen people showing you sketchy ways of updating it to Oreo on YouTube but its a massive long process involving files being downloaded from sketchy sites and then files being extracted and what not...

Anyone have information on this matter?

Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"the update was put on halt" normally means that they found a bug. Now that it's going out again, you'll have to wait until all those people who got the update with the bug get the new one without the bug, then everyone else will get it - as they come up in the list. Samsung can't upload 2GB to everyone who has an FD at once - no one has a server that good.

Michael_Archangel

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
If you go to check for an update manually and there is nothing, it will say that all updates have already been installed, and it will show you your software version. If you're in the UK, you should see XEU or BTU in the middle of the long string of letters and numbers. So far, the update has resumed, but only for UK phones with a BTU firmware. BTU are UK unlocked phones sold by Samsung. XEU are UK unlocked phone sold by third parties (Amazon, Carphone Warehouse, etc). If you have a XEU firmware you'll have to wait a bit longer. Word on the street is it could be first week of June, to coincide with the S7 Oreo release in Canada and some other European countries...

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
will probably be at least 2 to 3 more months before Oreo is available to everyone on the S7. They had started at the beginning of the year, them they got widespread bug reports so they had to halt the rollout, revert those folks back to nougat, fix the bug, and now very slowly are rolling it out again, with presumably those who had the bugs with the initial rollout likely to receive it first. I remember with my s6 edge, it took all the way until August until mine got the nougat update

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Hey! Folks here in Canada I haven't get any notification of the
Oreo OS Update To my Sam-Gs7 : Sooner or later no rush-Haa!

Last edited:

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
For some reason my phone goes through the update process, says it's downloaded but when I check in "about phone" it still says Android 7.0 and I immediately get the same notification that there is an update available.

I normally don't install the updates and just postpone it until the next day (each day) could that be the issue?

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, the SM-G930U languishes WAY behind. On the flip side, the carrier branded variants are just getting the April 1 security patch with Oreo...the G930U has had it since late April when the BRD1 update came along...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal