Why I Prefer the Galaxy S II Over the Galaxy Nexus

AddversitY

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Although Verizon's network s on Sprints, the unlimited data had won me and the Epic 4g Touch out hardwares the GNex in terms of CPU/GPU performance.

I can wait for ICS.

Jumper_jax

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not trying to troll, just want to address some things about the GN. 1st, you can voice search still...there's a little button you hit in the Google search bar that controls all the voice controls (search, calling, texting, etc). The bar is also not that big of a deal, I kind of like it and honestly don't really notice it most of the time anyways. Besides if you root you can remove it and add it only where you want...

Next, the camera is actually pretty decent. I'd say the pics are comparable to my DX which had 8mp.

I'd prefer an SD card but its not that big of a deal without it. I had 24gb on my Dx and barely filled half.

Widgets are easy to add still... you can't long press but you just hit the drawer button and you can choose from there.. it even shows previews.

Battery life isn't great but with 4g off/lower brightness it isn't too bad. I was already used to carrying a charger or extra battery with my DX.

I don't really get the notification bar thing, I can see the icons well and I have pretty bad eyesight.

The display size is still really nice even with the loss for buttons... personal preference I guess.

Also I haven't had a problem adding files from my computer, I plug it in and its just like any other phone I've used with "mas storage"

And most of the other stuff is supposed to be fixed with the next update (Facebook sync, browser, volume, etc).

Anyways my 2 cents. Try out more than one phone and get what you want, but don't dismiss the GN or ICS before even trying it...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174