Why is my LG Aristo 5 screen suddenly black-and-white!?

T Rea Okerberg

Dec 15, 2020
Visit site
I just bought this phone (it is an LG Aristo 5 about to meet the business end of a hammer...) on Friday, 11 December 2020. Which was just days ago. Tonight, I've been sitting here watching some stuff on YouTube and decided to grab my phone and get ready for bed, as it's late and I've got to be up pretty early. I went to check to see if my "do not disturb" was active, and noticed my screen is black-and-white. I have done NOTHING to my phone to cause this; it's been sitting here for over three hours without me touching it. I've tried everything. I've gone into the display settings to click on "comfort view," and that did nothing. I have rebooted my phone. Also did not fix the problem. I am thinking about taking this bloody piece of ****e back to the store tomorrow morning and asking for a better, FUNCTIONING, phone. If I wanted this type of a headache, I'd have gone with a Crapple.

Again, I have already done the "settings/display/comfort view," and it has done NOTHING to fix this issue. HELP!

ps - let's also discuss how come when I try to reboot my bloody phone, when I go to tap on either the "shut down" or the "shutdown and restart" buttons, NOTHING HAPPENS. Or if I go to click on ANY of my apps, sometimes it'll just sit there. Seriously, I'd expect this from Crapple, not LG.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
What's the battery level? (If it's under 45%, plug the charger in.) Some phones go into greyscale (black and white) to conserve battery when it's getting low (much lower than you should ever allow it to get - 40% is the "charge or turn off now" point).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try also Settings>Accessibility, and see if there's an option for Reader Mode or Greyscale.

Make sure you don't have any power-saving modes turned on.

If you have Google's Digital Wellbeing app, make sure Bedtime Mode isn't on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali