Why would Sprint tell us they unlocked our phones when they really didn't?

Shinedowngirl87

May 22, 2017
Visit site
My family and I switched from Sprint to Cricket, we have been jumping through hoops for Sprint to get my Dad's phone unlocked and they supposedly unlocked mine in 2 days, we go to Cricket and they both say Invalid SIM. Our IMEI's are compatible with Cricket. They tried everything. I have a Sprint S7 Edge, it says in settings it will work on CDMA, LTE/CDMA, GSM/UTMS, and Automatic. Which means it would work on Cricket. Now we called Sprint to talk to Account Services/Retention for the hopefully last time on Friday and they said our phones will be unlocked in 48 to 72 hours. Now hopefully it happens. Our phones meet all criteria to be unlocked. Sprint had even sent us confirmation emails saying that they were unlocked. My Dad has a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016). I'm just wondering why Sprint would send my Mom who is the account holder the confirmation emails, saying they unlocked our phones which they sent an MSL code for mine, which was the wrong MSL code, and they didn't send a MSL code in the email regarding the unlocking of my Dad's phone, when they really didn't unlock them?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint normally only likes to unlock for international use sand purposely keeps it locked for domestic use.

coolguy27

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm going through a similar problem with my s7. Few months ago I got it successfully unlocked and then I swapped out the s7 off my sprint line and then it locked back up. I called sprint today and they just gave me msl code. Not sure if that code will work or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex-1999