Wi Fi Calling

bcso48

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
This may have already been asked in here but I couldn't find it.
Yesterday I ran into an old friend who has an S3 on T mobile. We were comparing phones and I told him I love the phone but my call quality wasn't quite as good as with my droid x.
He told me to go into settings and enable WiFI calling. He walked me through the process only to find out my phone didn't offer the option. Is there any Apps that can give me the option ??
If I root the phone will this give me the option ??..The way he presented it his phone still uses his same phone number but the call is WiFI based. This would help me greatly around my house where I have poor signal quality...

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
No, it's a service that Tmo offers. Not sure if the others offer it, and I imagine there's an extra radio or software that allows it.

On the other hand, using Google voice would give you the same capability, I think.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No, it's a service that Tmo offers. Not sure if the others offer it, and I imagine there's an extra radio or software that allows it.

On the other hand, using Google voice would give you the same capability, I think.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

you would have to use grooveip or similar to use voip. gv alone can't call over data.

bcso48

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just signed up for Google voice and it seems to do the trick. Its pretty cool actually I had heard of it but never used it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk