WiFi slow and dropping connection

Bob OHara

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This just since either the 4.3 android update or the Nexus's own firmware update a week or 2 before. Speed is about 1/2 of what my laptop gets and it repeatedly loses the connection if only for 10-20 seconds. Finds it again immediately but...You'll be merrily browsing when suddenly can't find page. Then a few second after fine again. Very frustrating; and didn't start tell sometime after these 2 updates. Kept thinking it was a browser issue because if I'd switch browsers it would work but then tried my speedtest app immediately upon issue and it wouldn't work either......HELP

Bob

Bob OHara

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
As an example of the speed. Laptop speedtest 9mb down 3.5 up; tablet 2.6mb down 1.5 up. Again wasn't an issue til either after the Firmware update or the update tp Android 4.3 not sure which

Bob OHara

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: WiFi slow and dropping connection - Solved

Issue resolved after several weeks. It had tried disabling newly added programs, changing wireless settings on both the tablet and router, and rebooting the router to no avail. Finally tried double clicking the wireless connection on the tablet, then clicking on Forget. When I reconnected to it I was asked again for my security key which I typed in. Once it connected speed returned to normal and no more dropped connections.