WiFi tether for JellyBean is here.... Confirmed.....

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
HELP!

MY tether has been flawless until a recent call to sprint regarding my 4g not working. After turning the antenna to CDMA only, then back to LTE, My tether fires up but now for only about 20 mins at a time. SO ANNOYING. I trying re-installing from the SD card, that is not working. Root checker says I am still rooted. What happened? Even after the recent update I was able to just reinstall from SD card and everything was fine. Did this tech at sprint screw my phone or did I by adjusting the antenna? What can I do?

Thanks!

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: about Wi-Fi tether for rooted gs3

I don't think that is the correct version. Did you get the link from [App-Mod/Source] WifiTether for JB TouchWiz Roms - xda-developers?

This is what the latest version in the OP has under "About":
View attachment 64058

Swyped from my SPH-L710

OK so out of curiosity I tried the one you keep throwing at me and it does not work at all on my phone, neither one on 11/22, I went back to 11/20 works like a charm just have to reboot when done.

dcharleyultra

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: about Wi-Fi tether for rooted gs3

OK so out of curiosity I tried the one you keep throwing at me and it does not work at all on my phone, neither one on 11/22, I went back to 11/20 works like a charm just have to reboot when done.
Did you try WiFi-driver reload, or WiFi-driver reload 2?
ybeqyjuq.jpg

Swyped from my SPH-L710

fullspeed2

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I went to Skunk's link to "Hacked Wifi tether support" and found post #308. Originally Posted by jillmoto

Thanks TrevE. I have tried the mod on my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II and i could connect my laptop via wifi tether. (writing this email on the connected laptop!)

Here's the settings:

Install WifiTether_TrevE_Mod_11_22_2012
Set Profile to Samsung Galaxy S3
Set Setup-Method to Netd-Ndc
Check Send Netd Max Client Cmd
Enable WiFi Encryption
Channel 01
Check WiFi-driver reload 2
Check Routing fix

I did that and it works for me. I am posting this from my computer tethered to my S3!

on the first step...do you use olin to install the wifi download...in dl mode on gs3?...sorry noobie here...btw i have at&t i747

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No, this is a standard Android application file. Copy it to your SD card, make sure "unknown sources" is checked in settings, and install it normally.

fullspeed2

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
ok, i downloaded it to my desktop and it has the generic icon and it shows to be an .apk file...is that correct.

do i just hook up my phone to puter as an additional drive and just drag and drop it into the phone....then find it in the phone in the download folder?

jl212k

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
First post in here....just want to be clear because I didn't notice any info on this fact, with it rooted and using the app I'm not going to have that surprise extra charges from sprint on my bill am I ?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No, you won't. Unless Sprint changes their approach or you use huge amounts of data (don't use tethering to stream HD movies to your PC). I'm sure Sprint has ways to figure out if you're tethering or not, but so far, over many years, no one has posted that Sprint complained, cut them off, or sent them a bill. I suspect the number of people doing it just isn't high enough for them to bother with the cost of monitoring.

Just be sure you use this app, and NOT the built in tethering function in the phone's settings menu.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
No, you won't. Unless Sprint changes their approach or you use huge amounts of data (don't use tethering to stream HD movies to your PC). I'm sure Sprint has ways to figure out if you're tethering or not, but so far, over many years, no one has posted that Sprint complained, cut them off, or sent them a bill. I suspect the number of people doing it just isn't high enough for them to bother with the cost of monitoring.

Just be sure you use this app, and NOT the built in tethering function in the phone's settings menu.

I used the hacked/native sprint hotspot on the evo quite a bit. Never got anything from Sprint about it. This being after it was rooted of course.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

fullspeed2

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
i dowloaded it to the phone, got it installed and now it will connect to my chromebook and the program shows data moving but chromebook still says offline...tried connecting wifes iphone and it will also connect but not actually work

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe