Will T-Mobile Nexus 6 ever get 6.0?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Switching carriers will not make it update. Your phone is on an ATT build and until an update for that build is released your stuck with that build. Unless you side load the TMO version.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Unlock bootloader I know it erases everything so backup what you can forget about app data for games you are screwed but photos, music etc. Then you can sideload updates on day 1.

NexusKoolaid

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
OTA updates take your phone from a specific version of Android to another version. LMY48Y is an AT&T specific version of Lollipop, and AT&T is in control of when that version of Android gets an OTA to Marshmallow. Once your phone has a carrier-specific Android build installed you are at the mercy of that carrier - switching to a different carrier doesn't help.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Switching carriers will not make it update. Your phone is on an ATT build and until an update for that build is released your stuck with that build. Unless you side load the TMO version.

Their is no t-mobile version only anymore. The 6.0.1 update is for all builds. Sooner or later att will stop being idiots and let it go through. In the meantime you can flash image from Google servers which is the same image for all nexus 6 now. It is now unified.

Posted via the Android Central App

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
OTA updates take your phone from a specific version of Android to another version. LMY48Y is an AT&T specific version of Lollipop, and AT&T is in control of when that version of Android gets an OTA to Marshmallow. Once your phone has a carrier-specific Android build installed you are at the mercy of that carrier - switching to a different carrier doesn't help.

Yep, unfortunately that is true. T-mobile did the same thing but after seeing that a unified build worked just fine they allowed the latest ota updates to go through, and so did Verizon and Sprint.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Their is no t-mobile version only anymore. The 6.0.1 update is for all builds. Sooner or later att will stop being idiots and let it go through. In the meantime you can flash image from Google servers which is the same image for all nexus 6 now. It is now unified.

Correct but you need to go up and read what i was referring to. My response was to someone with an ATT build, who switched to TMO and wanted it to be updated. Since ATT has not released an update to their build he is still stuck on a carrier version. Prior to 6.0.1 there were carrier builds.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got a Nexus 6 today from someone. I installed the 6.0.1 update without the Sim and right now it's loading the apps from my old phone. I haven't put the Sim card in it yet probably will do that after all the apps load up.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I meant to add I'm Tmobile too. The guy I bought my Nexus 6 from bought it direct from Tmobile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko