Will the 32GB be enough for me?

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I really want to buy the S6, but im afraid of the space.

I take pictures and videos all the time. Right now I have on my iPhone around 2000 pictures and around 500 videos.

I use spotify when I listen to music, and I wont have any movies at all, because when I watch movies, I do it on youtube.

I also have 3 games, and not planning to install anymore

So what do you guys think?

Am I safe at 32GB?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I really want to buy the S6, but im afraid of the space.

I take pictures and videos all the time. Right now I have on my iPhone around 2000 pictures and around 500 videos.

I use spotify when I listen to music, and I wont have any movies at all, because when I watch movies, I do it on youtube.

I also have 3 games, and not planning to install anymore

So what do you guys think?

Am I safe at 32GB?

No

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it will be. Use Google photos with unlimited backup. Set it up to where it backs up while on WiFi and charging at night.

And clear memory once it's in the cloud. Problem solved. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I would stay away from the 32. You'll fill that up quick. Using a cloud is awesome but you will want to keep some things with you at all times. Fetching media from clouds uses a large amount of data

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Ask yourself do you really need all 2000+ pics/videos with you at all times? You can keep the 200-300 most recent pics on your phone and back up the rest on Google Photos which is always accessible if you need a pic not stored on your phone. I had the 32gig and was afraid of running out of room but even after storing 500+ pics/videos, my apps, a couple games and a movie I still had 12gb left.

Wildside

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Use Google photos with unlimited backup. Set it up to where it backs up while on WiFi and charging at night.

You could use an OTG cable with a thumb drive to backup photos/videos to have a local copy.

You can keep the 200-300 most recent pics on your phone and back up the rest on Google Photos which is always accessible if you need a pic not stored on your phone.

To borrow from all the ridiculous comments on the battery life threads, "isn't this forcing him to compromise how he uses his phone?"

I think the 2,000 photos and 500 videos are a little overboard but, hey, it's his phone. If he wants to keep that stuff on the phone then, no a 32GB is not enough for him. Of course, I think the same thing of my wife and her 1,900 photos on her iPhone.

So, unless he changes how he uses his phone, 32GB is not enough. However, the alternatives offered are reasonable.

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
You could check how much space your photos and videos are taking up on your current device. That will show you roughly how much space you would have used on an S6 (depending on resolution/quality settings).

pdxrealtor

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
There's very light weight photo resizer apps for Windows. You could always plug your phone in, resize, then save the full size wherever you store your photos.

I store mine on an unRAID Server I built for Blu-ray. Iso backups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell