Wired Playstation 3 controller not working with OTG cable on Galaxy S6, how can I get it working?

A

AC Question

Wired Playstation 3 controller not working with OTG cable on Galaxy S6

My Wired Playstation 3 controller in not working with my OTG cable on my Galaxy S6. Although when I boot into Safe Mode it works so I think some 3rd party software I installed is preventing it from working. I'm not rooted. I have Verizon and I read that using custom recoveries and rooting is not possible with Verizon (don't know if that's true or not).

Doing a Factory Reset would probably fix the problem but it's always a pain in the ***. I've never been able to successfully back up application data and I have an app that I need for work and a factory reset will remove the certificate that it has installed. I've tried uninstalling updates and stopping and disabling a bunch of apps with no success.

Anyone know of any app or anything else that may be preventing my phone from recognizing the PS3 controller via OTG? If Factory Reset is my only option I'm sure there are some other threads I can look up to find out how to back up app data on my non-rooted phone.

Thanks

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
First off, you heard right... there is NO permanent root on a Verizon Note 4.

If the controller works in Safe Mode, then you know it's an app you installed. You have two choices short of a factory reset. 1) uninstall all apps 1 at a time until you find the offending app or, 2) live with not being able to use the controller. I have a feeling you already knew this. Since no one can even guess which apps you have on your device, I doubt anyone can help you identify the culprit. Then again, hopefully more people read your thread. Consider this a bump for you!

ojo3lo

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Nahoku. Going through and deleting my apps one by one didn't sound like fun so I decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset. I've got a Mac and used Helium to back up my application data and Smart Switch to back up everything else. After the Factory reset my playstation controller is working on my phone again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332