Wireless Storage on the LG G2

Gary Beaulieu

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Same results when I try to map the drive. At one point with the G2 added it did give me the username and password screen but when I entered the correct credentials I then received these error screens. 123456789.png

raskal1130

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone figured out the issue with the Mac yet? I can transfer files from my LG G2 to my Mac but not from my Mac to my phone. I also get the message that it is full. I know that it is nowhere near full. I just did a master reset.

raskal1130

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, my issue is that I made a backup using the LG Backup and was able to get the file to my Mac, but couldn't get it back to the LG G2 after the master reset because on the wireless storage kept saying that the disk is full (Most likely a permissions issue in the programming).

I tried plugging it in the Mac with the USB to find out that it does not install software on the Mac to do it and will disconnect from the Mac after 30 seconds.

Surprisingly, I had to plug it into a PC for it to find out to go to this website if I want to transfer files on the Mac: Android.com/filetransfer

Do note, this program is for Macs only.

After using this, I was able to easily plug in the LG G2 into my Mac and put the backup file into the factory reset LG G2 and restore it to how it was.

I know this isn't using the Wireless Storage function to get it back onto the LG G2, but I needed that backup file back on quickly and it got the job done. If I figure/find anything else out, I will be sure to post it. I hope this helps some that want at least one way to get their files from their Mac to the LG G2.

Harv Whitman

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello All, I just got the G2 and love it.
I'm having trouble using the wireless storage. I plug the address given on the phone into Win explorer and I get a network error.
G2 error.JPG
I've tried to find settings in my Comcast modem Arris latest hardware, but nothing that looks like permissions.

Any Ideas?
Thanks,

raskal1130

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried accessing the Wireless storage on a PC, but I can tell you that the syntax on it looks incorrect. If anything it should be \\10.0.0.12\VS980_4G_LTE. You have two backslashes between the IP and VS980... There should be just one. Did you try that?

Harv Whitman

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried accessing the Wireless storage on a PC, but I can tell you that the syntax on it looks incorrect. If anything it should be \\10.0.0.12\VS980_4G_LTE. You have two backslashes between the IP and VS980... There should be just one. Did you try that?

DOH, I should have caught that being an old DOS guy. Awesome catch Raskal! That worked. Just an FYI for the developers, the screen on the phone shows 2 backslashes.
View attachment 107179
Thanks, -h

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Thought this posted, but didn't. I could not use \\vs980_4g_lte in Chrome on my laptop. Used Internet Explorer, worked like a champ! Thanks for passing this on! Awesome...

Bruce Kain

May 2, 2014
Visit site
New to Android, been with Nokia since forever, JayWills set up instructions threw me for a while cos he said to enter the phones URL into the search bar in Explorer, tried that and the web browser and it wasn't having it, well, it's the direct Libraries bar in Explorer that works in W7.

Right click W7 icon at bottom left of screen, left click ' open windows explorer ' , left click in the 'libraries' at top bar this highlights the word ' libraries', enter the G2's URL address like this ..... \\192.168.*.*...... and ' et voila ' sign in pop up box appears ! ... : )) Then I dragged the G2 shortcut icon onto the desktop and now just click on that and it opens up, obviously the ' wireless storage ' icon must be activated on the phone to so it can be discovered first, hope this helps someone.

FrownBuzzy

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a bit of trouble with this as well...

Eventually got it connected by leaving out the g2 folder and browsing to only the IP.
After I got the login screen and set it to log in each time I was able to create a network place.

Halala Hululu

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem!!!

i tried the second method...using Map network.

All good...i open the folder of my phone , Sd/DCIM/PICTURES

open a picture, press the rotate button on image explorer to see it better...and when i close it.....photo is auto deleted.....i lost almost 10 photos same way,......where they have gone??
any suggestion? i not press delete...they are not in recycle bin..i just used the rotate button.......

bsc249

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Great Tips! TY!

Couldn't get the browser to connect to my LG G2... option 1 didn't work... but mapping the network drive did. Ironically, once the network drive was mapped, I was able to use the browser but managing all the files is so much easier through the file explorer rather than the browser.

Thanks again!

bsc249

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
ugh... wouldn't ya know it, 2 days after mapping the network drive and I get the lollipop 5.0 update... I no longer can find the 'wireless storage' feature on my LG G2 and can no longer connect from my pc.

Anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions?

anon(9410778)

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Settings>wireless networks>share and connect>wireless storage....

I think that's still the same location as before. At least it is on my Verizon model.

Posted via the Android Central App