Won't buy future Galaxy S because Fascinate doesn't have Froyo?

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I definitely know how you feel, having been abused by VZW on phone updates a few times. Did you see the news from Google I/O yesterday, though? There is supposed to be an agreement to keep Android devices updated for 18 months, as long as the hardware is capable (so don't look for Honeycomb on your Android phone). I don't know if this will work in real life, but it is a start.

My next phone will not be a Samsung nor will it be on Verizon.

I don't want to spend a lot of time piddling with/customizing/rooting/etc my phone, I just want to use it. I still don't have 2.2 because my phone won't take the OTA and VZW support always just immediately jumps to a hard reset which I refuse to do. IMO, hard resets are not acceptable. I'm not going to re-setup my phone everytime there's a problem (I already had to once due to some bogus g-mail problem and I was cursing the whole time).

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I definitely know how you feel, having been abused by VZW on phone updates a few times. Did you see the news from Google I/O yesterday, though? There is supposed to be an agreement to keep Android devices updated for 18 months, as long as the hardware is capable (so don't look for Honeycomb on your Android phone). I don't know if this will work in real life, but it is a start.

Im pretty sure no phone will ever get Honeycomb.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely, I am sure, too, which is why I said don't look for it on your phone. ;) At least, not on any phone we have today...next year, who knows?

Even then its tablet only and not open source. And if it becomes open it will be old news

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jnewell

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Even then its tablet only and not open source. And if it becomes open it will be old news

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OK, I wasn't clear that time. :D What I meant - and may never be true anyway - is that if phones contine to get more powerful processers, maybe some CPU that's comparable to the Tegra2 will make it into a phone, which would make HC3.x possible - perhaps. (?) We keep getting more and more into smaller and smaller packages.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ice Cream Sandwich will be for both phones and tablets, so yes, eventually you will see some of those Honeycomb elements on phones. Just not in their current iteration