Worst phone ever

htrdlnc#CB

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thought it would be cool especially being android. Thought wrong.

Constantly getting hung up, slow, every other phone call I make the other person Can't hear me, have to delete then re enter my exchange mail info every so often, overheating.

Just terrible.

aespix

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Return it and get a new one.

Trust me. You'll want to give this another chance.

Had it for 11 months and I won't go back.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you got a lemon.

I had the PRIV for just over a year and it served me well! While sure there are better devices out there, the PRIV still has a great PKB to use. Exchange it for a new one and enjoy the PRIV how it should be.

BBUniq01

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Yes I have had mine since February, use it a lot for work and zero problems. And the phone improves with each update. Amazing.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Got my 2nd PRIV about a month ago and it's just as big a piece of garbage. Going back to Samsung.

Sorry to hear that @htrdlnc#CB. Maybe it was just not meant to be. The first thing i always say to owners is update it to Marshmallow. It makes a big difference, and with the launch of Nougat in March it will be further improved. Hopefully you have no problems with your new Samsung. :)

What did you end up getting and has it been good so far?

htrdlnc#CB

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I got a S7 Edge. OMG what a difference. I filled it with exactly the same stuff as the priv and it works so much better. I knew right away when I got the priv it just wasn't for me. No internal photo gallery? No stock file explorer? Besides the priv always running slow, and restarting for no reason.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad you found a device you like. I had the 7 edge twice. It's a fine device for sure. But in the end it wasn't for me. I find the Priv to be excellent so far.

Built is good. Not great. But good. I have to complaints. I love the feel in hand and the rear of it. Feels great. And I love the slider and. PkB. That's the best part of Android. There is always a device for someone. And with everyone's tastes and needs being different there's plenty of choices.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Thought it would be cool especially being android. Thought wrong.

Constantly getting hung up, slow, every other phone call I make the other person Can't hear me, have to delete then re enter my exchange mail info every so often, overheating.

Just terrible.

The telephone app is google, it sucks, and is probably the reason you have problems. The sms (text) app is also google, and it also sucks big time ...

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Op, you didn't say what version of priv you had .... I've got the 3 version, asia pac (and also CA), unlocked and unbranded, and it's a grand phone that works flawlessly ....

Wondering how much the user was the issue .... for example, did you try a different telephone app .... or even uninstall the telephone app and try again ....

Too little info for me to understand if there was a problem with the priv or not .....

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Good to hear, cos as telephone apps go it sucks big time .... the ui is from the ark .... you can't get those last calls off the screen .... and it thinks about it before it dials ....

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Your point?

It hasn't been established yet that the priv problems you mentioned were actually caused by google apps, or by the user ....

And as my priv works as it should for me, i suspect that the user didn't know how to help themselves to sort out their phone ....

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a year and it works great. I respectfully disagree OP. If you like your Samsung then more power to you. I'd buy another priv tomorrow

Kevin Barclay-Jay

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
I've had mine for a year and it works great. I respectfully disagree OP. If you like your Samsung then more power to you. I'd buy another priv tomorrow

As a long term BlackBerry user the move to the PRIV was a jolt...i had a Samsung S6 as well and the kids had Samsung... wow did I not have to worry... the Samsung has gone and the kids all want Privs(they will get DTEK50's)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098