Worth switching from T-Mobile for EVO?

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I searched previous threads from before the EVO release, but wonder now that it's out- what is the opinion of those who switched from T-Mobile for the EVO. Worth switching carriers? Pros/cons?

I just sold my BB 8900, and am just off contract, so free to do as I choose.

badbradd2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was on T-Mobile until Friday when the Evo was released; and I even ended my contract with T-Mobile early. I was hesitant with the switch because I've heard so many bad things about Sprint, but in all I think most of that is all just rumors. My Sprint service so far is above and beyond 10 times better than my T-Mobile service ever was, and I always had full 3g with T-Mobile and even live right next to the T-Mobile headquarters. I am so happy I made the switch to Sprint now, plus you get unlimited everything...aside from Landline calling, but who does that anymore anyways.

kkacatin

May 23, 2010
Visit site
People who say bad things about Sprint never justify their claims. I've been with them for 4 years and it's been the best!

ootherocoo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I left my Nexus One and T-mobile early for the Evo. Plus it doesn't hurt that I'm getting a good discount on my plan.

PS: I'm in LOVE with my EVO

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
That's the aweful thing about having crappy service previously.... people have very long memories. When I started with Sprint in 2002, I hated them. I left for sunnier skies and better customer service at Verizon. Upon switching to smartphones though (2007), I switched back to Sprint. I must say that the reputation they have in peoples minds is undeserved and archaic.

the d

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had Sprint since 2002 and for the most part my service has been great. I rarely get dropped calls. I actually had two the first day I got my EVO, which is more than I usually get in a couple of months, but haven't had any since. Their 3G data network has always been consistently fast for me, and coverage has always been good. The only real negative that I can say has been justifiably leveraged against Sprint has been the lack of cool phones, until now.

barko12

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I too switched from TMO and my N1 and very happy with Sprint's service so far. I had more dropped calls and non service with TMO's 3G since getting the Nexus. The EVO is worth switching to, especially if this is your first Android device. I'm still going to give it the 30 days before making my final decision, but it looks like that I'll be sticking with Sprint.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on contract with ATT and my iPhone through August, but so far am more than happy with my purchase and switch to Sprint.

beret9987

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I switched my dad off of T-Mobile and the service is vastly better for him compared to T-Mobile in San Jose. He hasn't dropped a call so far apparently and he used to dropping calls a couple times a day. Sprint> T-Mobile in terms of coverage in the Bay area in my opinion.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I came from a BB 8900 then got the BOLD 9700 2 weeks before switching and am not regretting anything yet. I was with T-mobile for 7 years since Voice STream days. A loyal and money spending customer. Must say they have treated me like GOLD and can't complain about T-mobile but I LOVE THIS EVO. Not to mention the Plan is outstanding.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I switched from T-MO to Sprint about two years ago. I have to tell you in my area there is no comparision Sprint crushes Tmo. I have way better reception with Sprint. My suggestion would be check Sprints coverage map and use the 30 day return policy

2ntense

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I searched previous threads from before the EVO release, but wonder now that it's out- what is the opinion of those who switched from T-Mobile for the EVO. Worth switching carriers? Pros/cons?

I just sold my BB 8900, and am just off contract, so free to do as I choose.

I switched from T-mobile, had the Nexus One. On Sprint now with my EVO. Sprint service including 3G service kills T-mobile in my area, Toledo, OH. Just wish I could have my N1 (love the LED screen) with Sprint. If you have to go Sprint, EVO is the only way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk