Yakju not officially supported for Google wallet?

jimsis

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
My Google wallet got stuck a couple of days ago. Been swapping emails back at forward with Google support. Thought I was getting somewhere tracking it to messing up my NFC. I passed on a large debug/test scenario only to get the unexpected response Google wallet is only supported on takju. Anyone else thinking this is the case?

Any magic thoughts on how to fix this without going to takju? Will a factory reset fix it?

jimsis

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Looking at your device, you have the international build of the Galaxy Nexus (The Yakju) build, which is unsupported with Google Wallet and is most likely why you're running into these issues.. Unfortunately, since your device is unsupported I won't be able to provide any assistance.

If you have any additional questions, please reply to this email and I'll be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Jason
The Google Wallet Team

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

TAKJU = If you have a GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store in the U.S.

YAKJU = GSM HSPA+ version you bought through the Play Store internationally.

Well, almost. There's no Play Store devices for sale internationally. "Yakju" devices are unlocked devices that were sold via retail outlets in parts of Europe and Asia. These were sold starting all the way back in November 2011. The Play Store has been only selling for a couple months, and only to the US.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Greetings.

If you want Google Wallet, just change yakju to takju. There are many blogs teaching how to do it.

While that will give you the Google Wallet .apk in default in the image (which you can just download and put on your yakju phone), it doesn't change the fact that it isn't officially supported outside of the US.

Reactions: jimsis

jimsis

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So the consensus is to just make the phone Takju? I know enough to do this.

I know the galaxy nexus is a developer phone, but it's also my real phone. It will take a little bit of effort after the factory reset to get it back to where it is now. I've been reading a little further though and wondering if the 'secure element' is messed up will this be enough to fix it.

I am in the US already so installing Takju will be fine for me, it's just frustrating that it worked so well already and is stuck now.

Oh well.

techugo2003

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Greetings.

If you are gone to change to takju, PLEASE don?t forget the secure element golden rule:

extracted from xda
Open Google Wallet. Open the Wallet Settings menu. Select "Reset Google Wallet" from within the app. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS SELECTING "CLEAR DATA" FROM WITHIN MANAGE APPS!

The Google Wallet reset system will disable it's background services, reset the secure element by deleting the Google Wallet applet (which is what you want!), clear the database, ping C2DM that it is now deprovisioning, clear the shared preferences, clear files and cache, and finally shut itself down.

Clearing data from Manage Apps will only delete the database and shared preferences: it will not deprovision, disable background services, and most importantly will not remove the Wallet applet from the secure element.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm somewhat in the same boat.

my Wallet will open/initialize/ show $10 credit, but it won't actually work at any NFC terminal (McDonalds, or Wendys)--but i can perform NFC transfers (wifi credentials/web pages) with friends.

rooted/running stock ROM though.

at this point, the $10 would be nice, but as long as i have NFC functionality, i'm good.
i'm a large proponent of Cash budget so i don't use my debit/credit card at all, anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4