You Don't Have Any Devices

mathematiker

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I currently own two android devices: a Verizon Galaxy Nexus and a 2013 Nexus 7. Neither show up on the web on Google Play Store.

I don't exactly remember when this started happening. It was either the last version of Google Play rollout or the Device Manager thingy. I have device manager turned on on both devices, and cannot use it because Google thinks I have no devices, yet both devices can use Google services such as Google Play, Drive, GMail, etc. just fine. I have only a single Google account, so that's not the confusion either. Here are what I've tried:
  • Power off the devices, power them back on, open Play Store app: no fix.
  • Clear the cache and force close Google Play Store on both devices: no fix.
  • Log out of Google, then clear the cache and force close Google Play Store on both devices: no fix.

I'd like to know three things if possible:
  1. How the hell do I fix this? I'm really frustrated at the moment.
  2. How is it possible that I actively use the Play Store app on them numerous times daily, update apps, download new ones, get billed for Play Music All Access, which I use on the web and my Nexus 7 daily, and yet web Play Store thinks I have no devices?
  3. What good is device manager if there's a chance that Google will randomly "forget" about my devices and won't let me manage them? Some security feature.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 4 wasn't showing up and I tried this and it fixed it:
1. Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
2.Touch Android Device Manager.
3. Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
4. Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
5. Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
6. Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
7. Restart your device.
Once your device restarts, wait around five minutes and refresh android.com/devicemanager.

Juan Pablo Jones

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I've tried solution proposed but doesn't work on my Nexus 7. Also noticed that Nexus 7 is not on the list of supported devices for google play store ??' that doesnt make any sense

Model: Nexus 7
Android 4.3

Any idea how to solve this is welcome, thank you.

Nilesh Parmar1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Nothing to do anything, just login to your google play account and click on settings here is the direct link https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tps://play.google.com/settings&token=fZrlZGsu

here you can see "My Devices" and your device will be showing as unnamed, now click on edit function and enter you device name. and you must check this tick mark
"VISIBILITY" Show in Menus, and update settigns, now you are done with your task. your problem will be resovled for 100% sure.

Regards,
Nilesh

Harish HarrY1

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings-- Apps-- All-- Google Play store Force stop & clear data and Google framework- Clear Data.

OPen Play store and Accept terms. Reboot your device, Wait for 5 mins and you will see your device name in PC.

Worked for me.

HarrY

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've tried all suggest steps and still nothing. My Nexus 7 doesn't even show up under the device list in settings. I've even tried resetting the device to see if that works and nothing.

Wilson Family

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
If there is a device owner application on your device, you will not be able to update your apps from the App store because you are not a device owner. Access the Play Store from your device, and goto the menu. If you see "my work apps" or "my school apps," then you are not the device owner.

Cheers

Interested12

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
This link opms up tp show My Devices and below that:
NICKNAME VISIBILITY MAKER MODEL CARRIER LAST USED REGISTERED ON

but there is nothing below the headings.

Whan I click on the DEVICES button, it has recently changed, so I only get store.google.com now, where I assume they are trying to sell me a new device?

I have two different accounts and two phones. Both accounts show my installed apps so why doesn't it know what my phones are, anymore?

I CAN install an app from my phone but it is SO much easier to do it from my computer!

Any new ideas, please?

Uday Desiraju

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with my device but it tried the following steps
Go to Settings-> Location -> Google Location History -> On
that fixed my problem,

R Carlson

Jan 11, 2018
Visit site
I have this same problem. I try downloading a app and it says "you have no devices". I use the account with Gmail and other services all but Google play store. I tried every problem solving solution Google has suggested with no success. Google can fix this problem because they fixed similar problem before. But cannot get any answers to my messages.

I have tried adding my device in Google play store setting but cannot. My device was there with other account which I don't have anymore.

Last edited by a moderator: