Your way to Update...

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Did the method in post 2 about 2 hours ago. Working beuatifully but now i remember how much I hate how stock homescreen looks. Not being able to move the app launcher to where I want it in the bottom bar is very aggravating. So Back to Nova I guess. Guess its time to root to

Jao Ozaki

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the file now. But im sh*tting bricks because ive never done something like this before, and bad things tend to happen to me. Lul

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the file now. But im sh*tting bricks because ive never done something like this before, and bad things tend to happen to me. Lul
LOL. If you follow the second post correctly you'll be good. Its so simple youd have to actually TRY and make something go wrong for it to happen.

onslaught460

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I flashed the return to stock rom and that worked out great. Then when I tried to apply the OTA I get the error along the lines of

assert failed e:error in /tmp/sideloadpackage.zip
(status 7)
Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
it was very easy and it worked fine! Thank you!
Hopefully this will make the phone a little smoother and less "clunky/slow". Lag time is annoying!

anon(848791)

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
This will be the way to manually update your phone if you are:

Rooted or Unrooted - Stock Rom with all needed bloatware and Stock recovery.

Download the following update zip and place it on your external sd. Go to settings/security and make sure unknown sources is unchecked.

Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time. As soon as you see a flash, let go of the buttons. This will put you in stock recovery. Using the volume bar to select and power button to activate, select update from external storage. Choose the file you previously put there. Push your power button. Your update will begin.

And here it is at last....
UPDATE ZIP IS HERE! And yes it works.

I would like to thank mdmitchell13 for continuing to search for this long after I went to bed.

Worked like a charm.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
getting the same error with the easy return to stock flashed in recovery. You may have to go with the old return to stock method in the same post. Still playing with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Linked file is gone from the 2nd post

Look in post#2 of this thread. the link is there.

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so someone explain to me how I can manually update my Sprint GS3? It's not rooted or custom ROM or whatever any other terminology out there is. It's straight stock, no hacks or weird sh!t. The OTA update hasn't hit at Fort Leonard Wood, MO yet and if there is a safe way to update the file without waiting I'd love to know.

Noob#AC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just updated with method in post 2 and no issues so far. Much appreciated skunk.

So my dumb question of the day is now that I'm updated, will I still get an official OTA notification to update? If so, what do I do then?

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
This will be the way to manually update your phone if you are:

Rooted or Unrooted - Stock Rom with all needed bloatware and Stock recovery.

Download the following update zip and place it on your external sd. Go to settings/security and make sure unknown sources is unchecked.

Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time. As soon as you see a flash, let go of the buttons. This will put you in stock recovery. Using the volume bar to select and power button to activate, select update from external storage. Choose the file you previously put there. Push your power button. Your update will begin.

And here it is at last....
UPDATE ZIP IS HERE! And yes it works.

I would like to thank skiskilo and mdmitchell13 for continuing to search for this long after I went to bed.

Please help me, is this the official update for jelly bean for in rooted devices?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

jermajesty

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Dumb question, but I have never had this problem before. I have no SD card, so where do I put the update.zip? I can't find the file in recovery.