YouTube Music and Screen Timeout.[Solved]

Carolyn318

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Until the last week or 2 my Moto G Power 2021's screen would timeout when it's supposed to while listening to music, NO VIDEO, on YouTube Music. For me, that's after 30 seconds of inactivity. Now when I play a song, NO VIDEO, on YouTube Music, the screen won't timeout. I have to make it timeout by pushing the power button. Then when I use the fingerprint sensor in the power button and turn the screen back on then the screen will timeout when it's supposed to every time. I know it won't timeout when I'm playing a video on YouTube Music or YouTube. I wouldn't expect or want it to. I just want it to timeout when it's supposed to while I'm playing just a song and NO VIDEO.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: YouTube Music and Screen Timeout.

Posting multiple times won't get you an answer. Register so we can ask questions, you can respond and maybe get an answer.

Carolyn318

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site

I started that second thread because my laptop signed me out while I was typing my starter post on the first thread. So it didn't put my name on the post. Thanks for fixing that,Mustang7757. I've tried clearing the cache. I've gone into the settings app and adjusted the timeout time. I've forced stop. The phone did come with YouTube Music. I can only open, disable or force stop it. I just thought of 2 things I haven't tried. #1 Safe mode. #2 In the Google Play Store uninstall all updates which will set it back to factory settings. Just tried #2 and guess what...problem fixed. Guess I'm going to have to contact YouTube Music using the developer contact info on the YouTube Music page in the Play Store. Tell them one of their recent updates is screwing up my phone's screen timeout feature.
Mutters to self: Won't that be fun?

Carolyn318

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site

I just thought of 2 things I haven't tried. #1 Safe mode. #2 In the Google Play Store uninstall all updates which will set it back to factory settings. Just tried #2 and guess what...problem fixed. Guess I'm going to have to contact YouTube Music using the developer contact info on the YouTube Music page in the Play Store. Tell them one of their recent updates is screwing up my phone's screen timeout feature.
Mutters to self: Won't that be fun?

Like I said in the post I quoted part of, uninstalling all the updates fixed it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Glad you figured out a solution! It's always a good idea to give feedback to the developer. You may not get any direct response, but every bit of feedback can help. There have been plenty of times where I've sent feedback, and a few days or weeks later found that the problem was fixed. Was it my feedback that did it? Probably not, but it was still part of a collective.

Carolyn318

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site

I am happy to report my phone's screen timeout problem caused by YouTube Music is fixed. I sent the YouTube Music developers an email last week explaining the issue. Today YouTube Music received an update. After installing the update, I tested it. No more problem. :D <---Me now that the problem is fixed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I am happy to report my phone's screen timeout problem caused by YouTube Music is fixed. I sent the YouTube Music developers an email last week explaining the issue. Today YouTube Music received an update. After installing the update, I tested it. No more problem. :D <---Me now that the problem is fixed.
Glad to hear that , I'll mark your thread solved and thanks for keeping us posted.