YouTube TV Dropped frames on one Pixel 3, but not the other?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a ticket in with Google about this, but it's been a couple weeks and I followed up and they said they are still looking into it.

I have a stock Pixel 3 and getting dropped frames on YouTube TV every 5 seconds and stuttering at the same time. I've noticed it does not happen on recorded shows.

I also tried watching a live event on regular YouTube and had 0 dropped frames and no skipping.

Same tests on my wife's Pixel 3 with no issue at all no dropped frames on YouTube TV.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue??

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a ticket in with Google about this, but it's been a couple weeks and I followed up and they said they are still looking into it.

I have a stock Pixel 3 and getting dropped frames on YouTube TV every 5 seconds and stuttering at the same time. I've noticed it does not happen on recorded shows.

I also tried watching a live event on regular YouTube and had 0 dropped frames and no skipping.

Same tests on my wife's Pixel 3 with no issue at all no dropped frames on YouTube TV.

OP, I tried to replicate this today watching live YouTube TV for about 20 mins (Attack of the Clones, couple of Popeye's Chicken and Liberty Mutual commercials etc) on my Pixel 3 and didn't witness any frame drops. I think mine was probably performing like your spouse's.

Maybe reinstall the app ?

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for checking, Google had me go through all the usual troubleshooting like that, then escalated it to another level. It's really weird that regular YouTube had 0 dropped frames and recorded YouTube TV has some but very few and then live TV is consistently every 5 seconds.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Weird, the app updated the other day and I got the July security update last night and I checked YouTube TV after that and it was still not working, I just went in after your post and now it's working a lot better. First time in over a month it's worked on my phone!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

YouTube live is doing the same thing on my Roku, it'll play live streams fine for the first 5 minutes or so, then it starts to freeze for a second every 5 seconds like clockwork. It plays recorded stuff semi-decently for the most part though.

Ever since Google took over ownership of YouTube it's been crap, they started limiting the buffering from continuous (the stream would keep buffering until the playback bar was full) to just a minute or two (if you're lucky) ahead of what you're watching. So in other words you have no buffer for slower or inconsistent streams, so nothing works as good as it used to.

I'm sure that decision was profit driven at the expense of the customers....... thanks a lot Google :-[

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao