Any chance for a case that somehow reverses the stupid location of the Micro-USB?

NeutralNovice

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
While the phone is awesome, there is one glaring (IMO) oversight.... the placement of the Micro USB slot on the side where you would rest the phone on its stand. With the battery life being crappy as it is, especially with video playback, you'd think they would put this on the other side.

Any chance of a company making a case that would somehow "move" the micro usb to another place? For example, the case would plug in directly to the microusb and daisy chain to another part of the case?

Too bad such a solution will make the phone even larger than it already is, but I'll take it. Even better would be a combo extended battery with what I said above lol.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
What would be a great idea is just get a sleeve that slides over the kickstand and has an arm (springloaded or not) that would hold the kickstand open like the prop rod that holds your car hood up.

Oh, all the cool things I'd do if I had lots of extra time.

rasfeld.4

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
What would be a great idea is just get a sleeve that slides over the kickstand and has an arm (springloaded or not) that would hold the kickstand open like the prop rod that holds your car hood up.

Oh, all the cool things I'd do if I had lots of extra time.

I was just thinking about that yesterday, but it probably wouldn't be too sturdy. Had that been added it would have allowed us to easily solve this usb issue. For me it isn't a big deal, especially once a nice dock comes out.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

stew560

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm shocked how many people don't realize this was done on purpose to sell the Multimedia Dock...

Just another way to milk out a few bucks.

I've read that some people have been successful using the kickstand in reverse by placing a pen underneath it to offload some of the weight.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
While the phone is awesome, there is one glaring (IMO) oversight.... the placement of the Micro USB slot on the side where you would rest the phone on its stand. With the battery life being crappy as it is, especially with video playback, you'd think they would put this on the other side.

Any chance of a company making a case that would somehow "move" the micro usb to another place? For example, the case would plug in directly to the microusb and daisy chain to another part of the case?

Too bad such a solution will make the phone even larger than it already is, but I'll take it. Even better would be a combo extended battery with what I said above lol.

You probably already know the two chances: Slim and None.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm shocked how many people don't realize this was done on purpose to sell the Multimedia Dock...

Just another way to milk out a few bucks.

I've read that some people have been successful using the kickstand in reverse by placing a pen underneath it to offload some of the weight.

You can just use the box the phone came in and let the cord hang off the edge.
Of course the box is not as convenient to carry with you as a pen. ;)

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

My guess is the Thunderbolt II will fix all of the current problems................and create new ones.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I thought it would be cool to have a case that designed so that the cutout where there the kickstand goes had the edge of it that popped out the opposite direction. So the case had an integrated kickstand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty