FYI: Steinhall screen protectors

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Are outstanding. The Amazon reviews that say they're the wrong size are simply wrong.
Buy with confidence. I bought the ultra crystals and I couldn't be happier, especially since I've been hearing the glass on the Thunderbolt isn't brilliant. I can't tell there's a protector on.

Reactions: lovy

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Are outstanding. The Amazon reviews that say they're the wrong size are simply wrong.
Buy with confidence. I bought the ultra crystals and I couldn't be happier, especially since I've been hearing the glass on the Thunderbolt isn't brilliant. I can't tell there's a protector on.
Can you please post a link so that I may order. Thank you.

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an ultra crystal also and i love it. Unless it has a few fingerprints on it I can't really even tell it's there. Also the hardness is amazing, no scratches yet. Well worth the money. No issues yet so far.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I have used their screen protectors for years without issue. I purchased (2) packs of the crystal clear when they came out and they are a 100% correct fit. No worries, but its worth it to buy 2 packages because they are meant to take the brunt of daily use, and why pay shipping again for another package when buying two is the same shipping.

Reactions: lovy

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I got the oleophobic one and it's even smoother than the UF, I think.

And oil barely sticks to it -- perfect for when we actually use our phones to make voice calls! :)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my UF today. I love it that fingerprints are GONE!!! (I would have thought HTC would have tested for fingerprints and changed their glass selection when they found that fingerprints are such a huge problem but they didn't.) I also do like the matte finish better than the naked TB screen. I do very much wish the screen protector would cover the entire screen, though. There's a very slight gap all around between the protector and the edge of the phone. After I put my case back on the side to side was fine but the top to bottom still has the gap and it's collecting dust around the edges :(

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I bough the ultra crystal..., but may switch to the fine for the fingerprint removal, and since they are 2 packs I can always go back.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I've put many a screen protector on in my day. I like to think I'm fairly smart but WTH color tab are you supposed to peel off first to apply it to the screen? Can't they put a 1 and 2 on it like every other manufacturer?

Last edited:

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I've put many a screen protector on in my day. I like ot think I'm fairly smart but WTH color tab are you supposed to peel of first to apply it to the screen? Can't they put a 1 and 2 on it like every other manufacturer?

Yes, it's f'n confusing as hell. Which ever one says top or front or whatever seems like the top is the right one. If you write what they say I can tell you, just did it last week.

dequardo#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Neither say anyting intuitive and frankly the tabs don't match the instructions on the package back. IIRC one reads 'adhesive protection' and the other 'surface protection'. You'd THINK that's good enough but I swear it was just the opposite. Help. thx

(One tab is green and the other orange)

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my UF off of Amazon and the fit was pretty far off.. I contacted SGP and was told they were aware of the prob and to send them back. I did and got my new one (and an extra for my troubles) and as usual with ALL sgp screen shields it was perfect.. So even if by chance you get the wrong ones they will make it right by you..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87