Just flashed Bamf 1.8.6 & new radio....how to get my contacts?

jcastag

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just flashed Bamf 1.8.6 & new radio....how to get my contacts

If they were in Google then they will sync once you sign into your gmail account. If they were in backup asst then you need to log in through that app then they will download

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok. going to Backup assistant on my phone, logging in and pushing the "sync my device" button, all I get is a text message that says:

//F1TYPE=SAS;UI=1;CONT=,,;

Ideas?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > open your gmail account and make sure "Sync Contacts" is checked... then back out to all the accounts and click "Sync all"

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > open your gmail account and make sure "Sync Contacts" is checked... then back out to all the accounts and click "Sync all"

Yeah, I've did that a few times now.

Maybe they didn't transfer over?

How can I get the contacts from backup assistant over to gmail?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I've did that a few times now.

Maybe they didn't transfer over?

How can I get the contacts from backup assistant over to gmail?

So, you've gone into your gmail from a PC and checked your contacts???

I don't use backup assistant... so I can not speak to that.

Of course you could make a backup of your current ROM, then go back to your previous one... get everything fixed with your contacts and have them put into your gmail account... then restore your BAMF ROM from your backups... then just sync your gmail account... just an idea.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Went to BA and exported the contacts, emailed them to my gmail, when I try to download them, it says this type of document is not supported for viewing.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Of course you could make a backup of your current ROM, then go back to your previous one... get everything fixed with your contacts and have them put into your gmail account... then restore your BAMF ROM from your backups... then just sync your gmail account... just an idea.

That's what I was thinking of...as a last resort. lol I was sweating bullets just flashing a new ROM and radio last night. lol

I was hoping I could just somehow export them from VZW to gmail and be done with it lol

normio2

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Man people do people not read the warnings with all these roms to backup their stuff, or confirm that their info is being backed up? Not trying to be a jerk, even though I am, but I see these threads all over the place.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Went to BA and exported the contacts, emailed them to my gmail, when I try to download them, it says this type of document is not supported for viewing.

Did you select the Outlook .csv format?

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Man people do people not read the warnings with all these roms to backup their stuff, or confirm that their info is being backed up? Not trying to be a jerk, even though I am, but I see these threads all over the place.

I am sure that lots of people read the warnings, and many do back up their stuff.

Mine is backed up in Backup Assistant, Titanium Backup, BA is a program that is not included in this ROM from what I can gather.

I am sure it is not that big of a deal to have you getting all excited, stuff happens for one reason or another. If you have a solution, don't press the reply button.

Jux, yes.

Jux

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Jux, yes.

Google is designed to import the Outlook .csv file with no problem. Have you done the standard log out/log in stuff to see if it clears it up any?

If it had any existing contacts, delete them all and try again.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

.csv file is what I'd also recommend... Gmail can import the data from this type of file.

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Ok, got it fixed. Exported from VZW to computer, opened up gmail, emported from computer to gmail, and re-synced everything in gmail again.

yea me :)

streetstrip01

Legalized Drug Dealer
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Google is designed to import the Outlook .csv file with no problem. Have you done the standard log out/log in stuff to see if it clears it up any?

If it had any existing contacts, delete them all and try again.

I was trying to email it from the computer via gmail to my phone. I should have known better if I was sitting in front of a laptop lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4