Puk code is locked randomly after rooting

surf4u2

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my phone yesterday with the all in one tool with no problems. My phone worked fine all day yesterday and this morning, but randomly today it had a picture of a SIM card with a red "X" and it says "PUK code is locked" and below it says "Please contact Customer Care"locked on the lock screen. I have no data/phone service either. If I restart my phone it goes away for a while, but randomly comes back. I found how to find your puk pin and code, but I do not know where to enter it on my phone?? It seems like all the searching online ive done, this usually happens when you enter your pin wrong. But I never even attempted to try this or go anywhere near a pin or do anything with the sim card.
I thought restoring to my very first nandroid backup (right after I first rooted) would fix it, but that didn't change anything, It still happens randomly.
Also I have not flashed any roms, kernels, or radios.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

CreativTech

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen with mine after Titanium crashed mid-backup on me one day. I was able to get it back to normal by powering down and popping the SIM card for a few seconds (battery too, obviously). After I put it all back together, everything was normal again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa