Battery tips?

JihadSquad

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have some battery saving tips for the droid charge and android in general? I have 12-14 hour days and I really need to make the most out of my battery.

For starters, I am keeping my brightness down all the way. Also, I have the darkest default background because this is AMOLED.

Would keeping my mobile data off while wi-fi is on help my battery? I realize that this would stop mms but I really don't use it.

Finally, would downloading something like launcher pro help with the battery?

dyslexicbunny

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I get lots of life (32 hours at 44% left now) but its light use. Heavier use is still a day easy but its mainly wifi.

I leave everything off when i don't need it since i work at a computer. Brightness at min. All black background - i just took a blocked camera pic. That's it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Keep GPS off when not in use. Turn off all haptic feedback settings. screen brightness helps as well. Auto bright will fluctuate so much it will juice your battery and ask for more. When you're away from wifi,deactivate it. Your phone will constantly search for a wifi signal. You may want to check on notifications as well. I'm not sure if you're a facebooker or a twitterer. Lol. But keeping these notifications at a minimum will help. Check your task manager on the regular and kill anything that doesn't need to be running. Games /etc. Oh yeah...set your screen timeout to 15seconds. LPP might help with battery. Best thing to do is give it a shot and see what happens

arctic388

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
i followed the advice of taking a pic with my finger over the camera lens and using that as my background and it seems to have helped some. its just sad that i have to have a black background with a device that is capable of some awesome colors on the screen.

would i recommend the Charge to anyone = NO

xaerospace

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I installed launcher pro and was able to get some more battery life. I don't understand why though. I can usually get through a day with a single charge. I turn off 4g and data sync at my work building as there is zero signal there. Otherwise, I leave those on all the time. I refuse to turn my phone into a "dumb"phone just to save batteries. It is frustrating that these devices rock, but that we have to gimp them to get a day out of it.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My settings:
Rooted with voodoo kernel
Screen set to medium - lcd battery saver off
Wifi off when not in use
Gps all on
Cdma only when required
No syncs set to sooner then an hour other than pushed email
No bluetooth
No push widgets other than beautiful weather
No task killer use other then stock program widget and I kill when I have 3 or more apps open

I just got 16hours today (no 4g all day here).

Sent from my Droid Charge on VZW 4g

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez