HDMI mirroring

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used their micro HDMI to connect to a TV? I tried it last night and it would allow me to view a movie I bought from the samsung media hub on my TV. Is there a way around this, and does it apply to movies rented out of the android market?

Everything was working fine until I hit play to start the movie. It said something along the lines of "HDMI does not support protected files"

Thanks!

kiit408

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did u turn on and off the phone, remove the battery then try again? It really should just get everything your phone sees on to the screen no matter how terrible the picture. I use netflix sorry I haven't come across this yet

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jco23

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
this is a known issue - and no, it's not a bug. Samsung Media Hub sets the movies as pvy, and thus blocks HDMI out. NFL network does the same thing for live TV. not sure about netflix and blockbuster though.

however, the Android Market movie rentals do allow for HDMI out as well as the Watch ESPN app for live tv.

so the blocking is based upon the app, not the phone. the only thing I have not tried was using an HDMI converter...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty