Mobile Hot Spot Fix

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings put the date/calendar on manual and click it back a month to May. It will work now. Verizon had Samsung program in a stop date of May 31st before they extended the free hot spot to June 15th. Verizon is working on a permanent solution but this will work in the mean time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nerdydesi
May 31, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon Rep this morning about the mobile hotspot app on Droid Charge...She said they were aware of the issue and Samsung is working on a patch that should be ready early next week. She also said they will extend the mobile hotspot promo a month for Droid Charge users.

Reactions: jono119

Dr.G

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that works but it makes your incoming texts or gtalk messages get out of order and my gmail stopped syncing. So I guess change the date to use it then change it back once done the hotspot.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings put the date/calendar on manual and click it back a month to May. It will work now. Verizon had Samsung program in a stop date of May 31st before they extended the free hot spot to June 15th. Verizon is working on a permanent solution but this will work in the mean time.

One other note when you force the date back it will screw up your gmail account and may cause third party email to ask for stored passwords and act strange. Once changed back it will work normal again.

jsnd

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
go to the market and install "elixir" app. if you set a widget on one of the home screens and configure a button to open the hotspot, it will work just fine without having to change the date...

Reactions: byrnsey88

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
She also said they will extend the mobile hotspot promo a month for Droid Charge users.

I don't buy that, I'm a rep in tech support and haven't heard anything about that. I also just looked in our intranet and no update. Its still scheduled to end on June 15th and unfortunately, there is no word on what the prices and data caps will be.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see either Samsung OR Verizon getting a patch out early next week for something that is going to end a week later. No way, not unless they were extending it for all 4G LTE devices.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email this morning from VZW's EMT (equipment management team) stating that Samsung has found the cause of the issue and is working with VZW to push an OTA (over-the-air) update to resolve this issue latest by June 9th, still no word if the promo will be extended, however.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Its obviously a programmed in stop because of the trial period. They should have no problem at all being able to send a patch OTA to cancel it out.

waterfrontmgmt

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
this didn't work for me...the same things happens...it just goes back to the same screen w the widget.

go to the market and install "elixir" app. if you set a widget on one of the home screens and configure a button to open the hotspot, it will work just fine without having to change the date...

tonymontana2367

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I imagine not installing the "June 9th" update will allow users to manually set back the date and have free hotspot for...life. Think that lines up correctly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk